Argos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IBUK

Reaction score
New catalogue delivered to shop today... 14 day uv polish kit £49.99 incl lamp.

Such a shame. Shellac and bio sculpture account for a lot of new business. Hate to think everyone will just start doing their own now. Grrrrr

don't think this will affect us majorly, people can buy nasty cheap tan in shops but still book in frequently for their professional salon spray tans

I posted on another thread just the other day saying I'm sure it won't be long before boots have their own uv lamp and gel polish! In the same post I said don't worry about it there will always be DIYers. After all cuticle remover, polish etc is available in boots but there is still a market for 'normal' manicures!

All that tat from rio has been around for ages, yes people may buy it (can't see why though, it only contains a 9 watt lamp, some acetone and top coat uv polish), but they nearly always make a mess and continue to go to salons etc or it inspires the 'dabblers' to find a better avenue to train and work in the industry.

The only thing that does worry me with the rio acrylic and gel extension kits is that they say it's suitable from 14 years old. Think of all the awful mistakes a 14 year old could make with their nails trying to do it themselves and then not looking after them properly or removing them properly. :rolleyes:

You can buy Fake tan from Tesco and Stick on nails and eyelashes the works we all know it and walk past them and laugh at how awful they are!
In miss Selfridges you can buy they version of Minx! we all flick past the Rio section of the Argos cataloge and cringe at the quality!

these products have been out for YEARS! have they affected business NO! people waist there money on theses things thinking "oh Ive had my nails done, it looks easy" then they realise no its not! the box goes to the back of the cupboard and they in the salon the next week! wouldn't you agree? x

Latest posts

Back