Arm Waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miss_hkrs

Reaction score
Just have a query regarding arm waxing.

Im newly qualified and started working in a spa just over 6 weeks ago. At first i struggled with bikini waxing but now having done loads feel confident and happy with my technique there.

However i did my first ever arm wax the other day on a young girl, i started with bikini then underarm and finished with her arm. Thought i was doing really well until her arm went bright red, at first i thought the wax was too hot so i checked with her but she said it was fine, double checked on myself and continued.

I then get a call from her mother saying her daughter the young girl had arrived home in tears... im at a total loss to why as i was chatting to her about holiday, i asked if on any medication, got her to fill out a consultation form and stretched skin, cleansed, used talc and afterwax etc. but apparently said she was in alot of pain afterwards

So i spent the entire weekend believing my technique was wrong on the arm wax so just wanted to know what position you put the arm in when waxing so i know for the future that im doing it right.

It later turned out that she had failed to mention she was on medication and had had a reaction to our wax before but as it was over 1year ago we have thrown out the old forms.

Also im confident at back waxing all the way up until the shoulders and neck. I usually get them to sit up so i can do shoulders but any techniques or tips would be great.

Thanks

Hannah

Latest posts

Back