Army girlfriends/wives/mothers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KirstieLou

Reaction score
Is anyone else an army girlfriend?
My partner is in the army and been away for 2 months, only in Canada so nothing dangerous but his flight has just been put back an 1 week meaning out trip we wanted is now cancelled :(
I'm feeling down in the dumps about the crappy organisation skills of the army and wondered if anyone else is in these situations?
Things we do to keep our heroes ay ;) xx

Last edited:
I'm not an army wife but one of my best friends is in the army. She's just off to Germany at the moment and I know how hard it is for me not to see my friend as often as I'd like, it's very strange not just being able to pick up the phone and just organise a trip down to the pub with her, so I can only imagine how hard it is for wives/girlfriends/boyfriends/hubbys/kids etc with there loved ones in the army xx

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm an army gf Hun soon to be wife feel free to pm me for a rant :) xxx

Charlotte xxx

Aww my boyfriend is based in Germany, we live in Portsmouth so he comes home at weekends usually :)
It's horrible and I can deal with the time apart but the unknown dates of return is horrible xx

I'm not an army wife but a merchant navy one. My husband can be away for anything from 3-6 months at a time leaving me and our 2yr old at home as we can't go with him (its a gas tanker he's on so wouldn't want to go anyway lol). It's so hard, especially as he seems to be off the coast of Nigeria a lot over the st few years which is bad for pirates. And unfortunately not the johny depp in pirates of the Caribbean kind. He seems to miss everything, birthdays, Christmas, he even couldn't get home when my mum passed away to be with me at the funeral.
We've not been on holiday for years because we just don't know when he will be home as you get told a date then it's put back and back sometimes months :(
It's bloody hard so my heart goes out to anyone who's other half is away! Xxxx

Is anyone else an army girlfriend?
My partner is in the army and been away for 2 months, only in Canada so nothing dangerous but his flight has just been put back an 1 week meaning out trip we wanted is now cancelled :(
I'm feeling down in the dumps about the crappy organisation skills of the army and wondered if anyone else is in these situations?
Things we do to keep our heroes ay ;) xx

Hiya my husbands in the army, it definitely has its ups and downs:)

I'm not an army wife but a merchant navy one. My husband can be away for anything from 3-6 months at a time leaving me and our 2yr old at home as we can't go with him (its a gas tanker he's on so wouldn't want to go anyway lol). It's so hard, especially as he seems to be off the coast of Nigeria a lot over the st few years which is bad for pirates. And unfortunately not the johny depp in pirates of the Caribbean kind. He seems to miss everything, birthdays, Christmas, he even couldn't get home when my mum passed away to be with me at the funeral.
We've not been on holiday for years because we just don't know when he will be home as you get told a date then it's put back and back sometimes months :(
It's bloody hard so my heart goes out to anyone who's other half is away! Xxxx

Oh :( If only johnny depp was a real life pirate ay :( The unknown is the worst bit isn't it! You can't plan anything as you get let down, I'm moaning after 2/3 months but you seem to have him away a lot more!
It does make you appreciate the time you have though doesn't it, when leave eventually happens its special time :)
Nice to have this to rant on if ever our partners are delayed etc!
My boyfriend always says the army's best kept secret is coming home dates!xx

I'm an RAF wife :hug:

I'm an army wife to be, my OH is in afghan at the moment, he got flown out with 3 hours notice on Sunday! It can be tough but also can be great :) I'm always here if you need a chat xx

I'm an army wife to be, my OH is in afghan at the moment, he got flown out with 3 hours notice on Sunday! It can be tough but also can be great :) I'm always here if you need a chat xx

Oh god now I feel a fool for whinging!
It's exciting in a way isn't it, the butterfly feeling I'm getting to see him is so nice. I hope your oh isn't away for too long!
Thank you Hun same to you if you ever wish to rant. Your prob nor clued up than me but still!xxx

Have any of you been moved from base to base...how did you do with work?xx

Hi Hun I have I was always salon based and decided to go mobile in my recent posting. Been mobile 2 years now it just works for me as I have a daughter and with hubby going away and working random hours I can work when I need/want to! I find a lot of army wives like to stick together too so they like to give custom to other army wives :). I've been a wife for 9 years but together 10 and known each other about 14-15 years :) xx

You girls are amazing!! I couldn't do it, my husband always goes on about how he would love to join the army but i wont let him, I'm not as strong as you all!

I'm an army wife. :) xx

Hi I'm an army wife (10 yrs)
So rant away not much Iv not felt or ranted about myself!
You build business pretty quick being around the other wives,

My OH is ex army, he left before we got together. I cant completely relate to you guys but i know how much the army can effect soldiers, especially after they leave :sad:

My OH is ex army, he left before we got together. I cant completely relate to you guys but i know how much the army can effect soldiers, especially after they leave :sad:

I'm strangely looking forward to being the one who has to deal with te after effects, having to make him smile again when he's sad etc :) Im sure you do this job well :D xx

Latest posts

Back