Artistic Colour Gloss or Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennyGillo

Reaction score
Hi I am about to add gel manicures to my salon I have an account with Louella Belle who supply the Artistic colour gloss and have had a demo from the rep. I was just wondering if any of you have used both products and have any feedback on which one is better?
Thanks

I use CND Shellac and Gelish(very similar to ACG) and yes there is a difference.
I love them both. It it is a bit apples and oranges to compare them!
Shellac is not a Gel polish yes it is UV cured but it is more polish like than gel like.
With Shellac you would require to purchase their UV lamp as it is the only one that will ensure full cure. There is no LED lamp as yet available for Shellac. It is a fabulous product with lots of classic colours. It is best for clients with good strong nails, the addition of CNDs soak off gel Brisa Lite is advisable for weaker nails.

ACG is a Gel Polish similar to Gelish with a lot of fashion forward colours, will cure in any 36watt UV lamp or ACGs LED lamp. If you had a demo from your Rep you will know how good it is and what other products are available if you have a good relationship with the rep and your distributor then surely ACG would be the way to go for you ;)

Hi I am about to add gel manicures to my salon I have an account with Louella Belle who supply the Artistic colour gloss and have had a demo from the rep. I was just wondering if any of you have used both products and have any feedback on which one is better?
Thanks

Both ACG and CND Shellac are excellent gel polishes, each with unique qualities - CND Shellac is easy to remove, hypoallergenic, but requires its own traditional UV lamp. ACG has great fashion forward colors and cures in LED, plus you already have a relationship with the vendor. That said, if you are venturing into the world of gel polish for the first time and it will be your only one, at least for a while, I'd have to say go with CND Shellac. CND has the market penetration, customer support and name recognition that brings in customers. People walk in looking for Shellac. Although ACG is a fantastic product, I think selling customers on ACG, versus Shellac is an uphill battle.

Both ACG and CND Shellac are excellent gel polishes, each with unique qualities - CND Shellac is easy to remove, hypoallergenic, but requires its own traditional UV lamp. ACG has great fashion forward colors and cures in LED, plus you already have a relationship with the vendor. That said, if you are venturing into the world of gel polish for the first time and it will be your only one, at least for a while, I'd have to say go with CND Shellac. CND has the market penetration, customer support and name recognition that brings in customers. People walk in looking for Shellac. Although ACG is a fantastic product, I think selling customers on ACG, versus Shellac is an uphill battle.

I also offer both and LOVE both equally. I ventured into ACG because of the colour issues with Shellac and also some clients require the extra strength of a pure gel polish.

I would agree with Nancy though, if you can afford to offer both, do so but if you have to go for one in the very beginning I would go for Shellac.

But I do love ACG, the colour range, the fact that it doesn't go gloopy and since doing dry brushing I find it a lot easier to remove. It doesn't remove as easy as Shellac.

Both fab products and would recommend them both equally.

Thank you for your replys will be at the beauty show in Manchester in a couple of weeks will have a look at the CND products and make my mind up then.

Thank you for your replys will be at the beauty show in Manchester in a couple of weeks will have a look at the CND products and make my mind up then.

CND/S2 won't be at the Pro Beauty North show. :(

However Louella Belle will be and they have 3 for 2 on polish and a further 20% off if your order is £100 or more. :)

. We won't be at Manchester Jenny but we would of course be delighted to help you meanwhile with course dates or product questions. Xx

Thanks Lisa x

Thanks Mrs Geek have emailed for info today.

Latest posts

Back