Artistic correction gel application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfectly polished

Reaction score
Hi do I need to put base coat under the correction gel?and can I put colour ontop of the correction gel?

I think you can paint color over unsure of whether u also need the Base coats though ring louella belle and ask xxx

Sent from my D5803 using SalonGeek mobile app

can I use artistic brush on correction gel with other brands,like cnd shellac,?

You paint correction gel over the base coat & then colour on top of that. The intrusions are on the bottle.

As for mixing systems I've not done it so can't advise.

You prep your nail. Ph primer, base , correction gel ( either the brush on or the gel in the tub) then colour. I wouldn't mix brands as this is service breakdown.x

You prep your nail. Ph primer, base , correction gel ( either the brush on or the gel in the tub) then colour. I wouldn't mix brands as this is service breakdown.x

Hiw long is removal time if I use correction gel

ACG correction Gel can either go on over Basecoat which will make any ridges appear smooth, or you can apply over your colour coats. Removal can take a few minutes longer when it has been applied, but it's all the same procedure, if you check under the foils after 8 minutes and it isn't flaking off then just reapply the foil for another couple of minutes.

Both ACG and Gelish state their base and topcoats can be used with other Gel polish system colours, therefore your Insurance would cover you, and there shouldn't be a risk of service breakdown.

ACG correction Gel can either go on over Basecoat which will make any ridges appear smooth, or you can apply over your colour coats. Removal can take a few minutes longer when it has been applied, but it's all the same procedure, if you check under the foils after 8 minutes and it isn't flaking off then just reapply the foil for another couple of minutes.

Both ACG and Gelish state their base and topcoats can be used with other Gel polish system colours, therefore your Insurance would cover you, and there shouldn't be a risk of service breakdown.

Thank you!I am currently offering artistic colour gloss and cnd shellac to my clients.could I use the artistic brush on correction gel ontop of shellac colour coat under the shellac top coat?I would switch to my led lamp to cute the correction gel of course.

Thank you!I am currently offering artistic colour gloss and cnd shellac to my clients.could I use the artistic brush on correction gel ontop of shellac colour coat under the shellac top coat?I would switch to my led lamp to cute the correction gel of course.

ACG correction Gel cures in 2 minutes in a UV Lamp.

ACG correction Gel cures in 2 minutes in a UV Lamp.

So I can use artistic correction gel between the shellac colour coat and shellac top coat?I would do this to correct and smooth nail shape.I know smoothing gel is mAde to work with cnd shellac but I want to know if I can use artistics correction gel with shellac.

So I can use artistic correction gel between the shellac colour coat and shellac top coat?I would do this to correct and smooth nail shape.I know smoothing gel is mAde to work with cnd shellac but I want to know if I can use artistics correction gel with shellac.

If you have CND Smoothing Gel then I would use it with your Shellac.
If you have ACG Correction Gel then I would use it with your ACG and Gelish.

CND Shellac according to CND should not be mixed with other systems, however ACG and Gelish say their Top and Base coats can be used with any other Gel Polish system. No mention of the Correction/Structure Gel though.
Also I don't want to open up the whole "is Shellac a Gel polish" or not argument, but it is different from the standard Gel polish, being more solvent based rather than a thinned down gel.

You sound very inexperienced and new to the industry, if I were you I would stick to manufacturers directions for your products. Insurance companies do tend to be more likely to check you were working to manufacturers directions should a problem ever arise so keep yourself right.

Latest posts

Back