As Promised, Step by step pics for Pink marbelled nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladybgemini

Reaction score
I hope that you can make sense of the pictures.

step one - Paint tips with Bright Pink Polish

Step Two - Place drops of same Pink, white and then Pink again (on top of white) into water and marble with cocktail stick or pin.

Step 3 - Slide tips into water, tip side down. Do Not Remove. (Note, I did put them in the other way up too by mistake but this also worked)

Step 4 - Remove polish on top of water with orangewood Stick. By this time it has set.

Step 5 - Remove Nails from Water.

One thing I noticed was on one set I placed the tip into the water and it created a hole around the tip, allowing me to remove the tip without removing the polish. Needless to say the floating polish was no good after.
the time that had passed.

This was my 2nd attempt at it. if it doesnt work first time, keep at it, its great fun to do.

Enjoy!!

Rachel:hug:

Attachments

• nails 009.jpg
    nails 009.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 256
  • nails 010.jpg
    nails 010.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 240
  • nails 011.jpg
    nails 011.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 256
  • nails 012.jpg
    nails 012.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 211
  • nails 013.jpg
    nails 013.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 300
  • nails 014.jpg
    nails 014.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 284
  • nails 015.jpg
    nails 015.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 330
  • nails 016.jpg
    nails 016.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 354
  • nails 020.jpg
    nails 020.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 415
  • nails 022.jpg
    nails 022.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 378
your a star going to be defiantly having ago :green:
thanks Hun :hug:

This looks fun - I'll try this.
Just a few additional questions :)

Is it hot, warm or cold water you are using?
How would you do it on "real" nails?

Thanks for sharing

I tried this last year after seeing it done in the States but I just ended up with mess all over the clients fingers!
It does look beautiful though!
X

put vaseline on clients fingers first, apart from that the process is the same as above.. I used luke warm water too xxxxxxx

Fantastic step by step! I had a go at this and it wasn't as succesful as yours! :cry: May I ask, how many drops of polish did you put in each time? Maybe I wasn't using enough.

Jackie

This works fine for me on tips but with clients AAAARGH!!! they don't hold their hands in the right position and I get wayyyy too frustrated...and then I'm late for the next one:o

wow rach,i am so gonna have to have a go at that, it looks brill, and you make it look so easy, (im sure that will turn out not to be so lol)

well done for the step by step, this should be a tutorial i think hun

xxxxxxxx

Awesome tutorial very easy to understand, I am sure it will help a lot of people.

oooh vaseline around finger first - i'll have to try that! as said previously i've done this on tips like you and looks fab but when i've tried it on myself it's just one big mess!!

i use a smaller pot tho (like a disposable shot glass size pot) and find u use less polish that way and still get a good result xx

Fab tutorial thanks!!!! :hug: :)

had ago last night on myself and it was a disaster :cry: but did it on spare tips and it was fine :rolleyes:

going to try again today :lol:

Lovely Rach. Well done. You really are a very talented geek and underestimate your abilities :hug:. Erm.......... did you ever post that pic of embedded flowers? xx

Fantastic step by step! I had a go at this and it wasn't as succesful as yours! :cry: May I ask, how many drops of polish did you put in each time? Maybe I wasn't using enough.

Jackie

For the first pink drops I used about 5-6 drops, each drop kind of thins out quite a lot so 5-6 drops you get a nice deeper colour. The I added 1-2 drops of white and one pink in the middle of each of the white.

HTH

Rachel

Fab babes can we also have some on real nails :)

Fab babes can we also have some on real nails :)

Dont say I never do anything for you lol. I did this ovet the top of my lovely red n silver glitter (Brand new set) just for you lol.:hug:

Forgot to mention, I put nail dehydrator on the skin around the nail, the polish didnt stick to the skin!!!!!

Rachel

Attachments

• nails 027.jpg
    nails 027.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 76
Thanks Rach the effect is still fab well done :hug:

Latest posts

Back