Ash colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lorun1517

Reaction score
I have a client who has tried multiple hair dresses to cover her 20% gray level 6 ash brown hair. No matter what it keeps pulling red, she said she has even tried putting just put straight 6ash on her hair with 15 developer and it was ash for a day but then went red. The professional colors she has tried: Kenra (straight 6ash with 20 developer, pulled red), Framesi (6ash with 15 developer, pulled red) and Loreal Inoa (5nn + 6ash +7ash + 20 developer. Inoa she said was the best of the 3 she has tried) Is there a brand out there that pulls more ash? Schwarzkopf? I am willing to try anything for her. I use Framesi but she is pretty adamant that Framesi will not work. She is not so much worried about gold tones as she is the red/orange tones. She honestly looks like a red head at this point! Would love to get your advice.

This was a long time ago.. How did it end up? Did you find something that worked?

Opt for a demi permanent also you will never get an ash result with tint alone her undertone is too strong

With demi permanent, do you suggest I just do the roots or her whole head? She has ashy balayage to try breakup and try and reduce the warmth. I know she won't want to lose the balayage highlights so can I just do demi on her grow out?

Still haven't found the perfect solution, any advice?

With demi permanent, do you suggest I just do the roots or her whole head? She has ashy balayage to try breakup and try and reduce the warmth. I know she won't want to lose the balayage highlights so can I just do demi on her grow out?
also, does the gray eventually come through with demi? Thanks!

When I have clients with a very strong warm undertone who want ash, I use bleach and tone

You could use ash and add green mix in to neutralise?

also, does the gray eventually come through with demi? Thanks!

Yes a demi is the same as a semi and semi's only cover grey for a wash or two

Latest posts

Back