Asking for deposit back?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevergivingup

Reaction score
Had a client book hair extensions for this Saturday she paid &50 deposit. I am ordering the hair today. She just text me saying she needs it back as she lost her purse. Would you give it back even though I have held a 2 hour slot so close to Xmas?

I don't know if I would I haven't been in this position , how is she going to pay for the service on Saturday ?

Did you say it's non refundable? If you did then no, tell her you have already got the hair and that's what it was part payment for

If not then it's your call, is she a regular? Or has she just changed her mind

If you haven't already ordered the hair I would say she can have it back but you have to cancel her appointment on Saturday x

Give it back and fill the space or keep it and have her in for the apt but make sure she knows she needs to do another deposit to get them done xoxo

i would give it back, yes it is xmas but sometimes giving back or being generous will help you even more on building your buisness! Hopefully she'll be greatful on knowing that it is normally non refundable! At least you can rearrange if its better for you xoxo

I take a non refundable deposit - depends if you told her if it was non refundable or not?

No. You made the order .Thats a no no.If she needs the money now.I think she will be a no show.

I told her it was non refundable but I have said she can have it back and now trying to fill the space

I had a client that cancelled her extension fitting twice in a row, less than 24hrs notice by text. I heard nothing from her from months and I didn't chase her as her reasoning was her dad had been taken ill. She's one of these that can never ring it all done by text or email. I ten get an email after 5 months asking for her deposit back or the hair. I explained to her if already bought the hair and had cut the tips back in prep, she then said actually she'd like to book in still, then I heard nothing. A couple of months later I posted "some" of the hair the her door explaining I didn't want the responsibility of holding her hair. Not heard since.

So tell her you've bought the hair, the £50 doesn't cover the cost of the hair, therefore you cannot refund. Do you know if she still wants it fitted?

Latest posts

Back