Association Memberships

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

champagne

Reaction score
Just a little question regarding memberships to Beauty Associations.....

Having changed my insurance to a less well known company I am considering paying to belong to an association body.....for example The Guild or Babtac.......

I am looking to become an associate member..

Now my question is do many of you do this and do you think it is money well spent??

Last edited:
Im insured through babtac - only because its easy for me as its been with them since year dot.

I have considered it to get the guild mag subscription but thats about it. Other than insurance and the magazine I personally do not get much else out of it. However that said they both do a lot of work trying to raise standards etc and if I ever did need there advise there only a phone call away.

You have to weigh up what you get out of it yourself. Clients don't really know who they are and what they stand for so its not going to set you apart unless you educate your clients yourself.

Kate x

I was insured with Babtac, just renewed for a more affordable insurance.

I am thinking along the lines of it looking professional, using logos, recieving up to date industry, helplines & info etc.

Although clients are not always aware of who they are but it does give them peace of mind when they see it certified and on the door of the salon, I have been asked on a few occasions who BABTAC are.

Think I already made my mind up lol

BABTAC make me feel all safe and squishy. :) I love 'em and what they stand for. xx

You can be an Associate Member of the Guild, which gives you all the usual benefits of Guild Membership without the insurance. This means you will be able to take part in our national salon propmotions with companies such as Sony Ericsson and the Daily Express. You will also get discounts on Barclaycard Merchant Services and Yellow Pages.

You can read a full list of benefits here, and if you choose to join, quote Geek as your referral code to get £10 off.

If you need any further information, feel free to PM me, or call 0845 2177 383.

Thank yoooo Louisa.....I had a good read x

Thank yoooo Louisa.....I had a good read x

You can join us as an associate; this now gets you a whole lot more, check out the new BABTAC website buzzing with new features www.babtac.com

BABTAC members are currently participating in a number of national promotions; we have one running for the next 10 months with Premier Inn for example, and all of this activity with help to raise public awareness of the association.

Latest posts

Back