Athletes Foot

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouboutinLover

Reaction score
One of my regulars asked me for a foot treatment 2 months ago which I unfortunately had to decline due to lingering signs of what I believed could be Athletes Foot. When I expressed my concern she said that she had been to the doctors and had been given a treatment (how annoying that she did not tell me this before!)
2 months later she has requested a foot treatment again. There are no signs of athletes foot and has finished her treatment from the doctors - my question is this; would you proceed with the treatment? Or even after 2 months and no sign of the condition still request a doctors note? I don't recall being informed in my training at what point Athletes foot is no longer contagious. I presume - when all signs are gone?

I would do the treatment... Perhaps to be on the safe side you could ask her to go back and get the 'all clear' from the doc, but doctors usually say to go back if problem persists, which it hasn't, so my guess would be that it's gone. Especially if she's been clear for a couple of months. Id do it :) x

Just wear gloves for your own protection. The spreading from client to you is probably why athletes foot would be a contra indication. X

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back