Attention Plymouth Geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBack&Beyond

Reaction score
I had a call today from a very nervous chap who was asking me all sorts of questions about the type of wax I use, the exact procedures etc, etc.

I'm quite happy to discuss this with all new customers as it can really help to make "the leap" for some people.

We'd been on the phone for about 5 minutes and it comes out that he had tried a lady waxer in Plymouth last year - but in the last 8 months - he had been making the 2 hour round trip to Torquay for a BSC - about 3 - 4 hours in total!

The reason was that the Plymouth waxer who he saw used STRIPWAX on his scrotum without any cleanse, or pre-oil treatment resulting in a complete layer of skin being removed. He was in agony!

Please - if you are the person reading this; give me a call - I'd be more than happy to show you how it's done properly. Most scarily - if you are 'guessing' how to do the procedure - I figure you have absolutely no insurance to do it either.

Get trained properly or stop literally ripping your customers off! You are disrespecting our profession!

Jason.

I hear these stories a lot Jason but to be fair to the therapist concerned, she is more than likely qualified and insured. Also, the guy may have thought that she hadn't cleansed and oiled (or whatever) but I doubt he really knows. I couldn't tell you any part of any treatments that I have done myself because I'm too busy chatting.

As you know, I would never use strip wax on Intimate waxing, but many salons do and many salons won't pay out for training for their staff so there's little option for the therapist. If they're skilled in strip waxing, they'll be as good as any hot wax expert.......it's just the wax that is barbaric, not them.

At least the guy has found a waxer who's not going to tear him to pieces now eh! xx

thanks Kim, but a gentleman Always knows whats happening to his scrotum. I know - I have one.

If he says there was no cleanse and oil - then I believe him. Even the excellent products I use are barbaric if used incorrectly.

Whoever it was near me - my offer still stands.

Volunteer for charity groin wax nearly loses a testicle | Mail Online

Did you see this,can you imagine letting your friends do it in a pub for charity :eek:

That's scary!!! Even more so that it was untrained blokes doing the treatment with strip wax, who were probably somewhat intoxicated at the time to boot!!!

But am sure that Jason, Andy, Mat and friends would have something to say to the person who said "It's a lesson that waxing your bodies should definitely be left to the women."

But am sure that Jason, Andy, Mat and friends would have something to say to the person who said "It's a lesson that waxing your bodies should definitely be left to the women."

Well I just tried - the site said that comments were being checked in advance, and I needed to wait. I don't generally feel that the publication is supportive of the procedure or us - so I don't hold out much hope! ;)

Well I just tried - the site said that comments were being checked in advance, and I needed to wait. I don't generally feel that the publication is supportive of the procedure or us - so I don't hold out much hope! ;)
I've left comments before on that site and they do take a while to come up, which is why you have a load of replies sometimes that say the same thing. It just takes a while so i'm sure your reply will be there next time you check :D

Im surprised actually that the daily publications have not yet as far as i know had any articles about the boom in male waxing, especially in the bsc area and also about the many male waxers and therapists there are now in whats considered by many as a female only industry.
I reckon it would make very interesting reading,perhaps you could suggest something for them.

Latest posts

Back