Average number of spray tans a week

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GEMMA20S

Reaction score
Hi Guys

i am a mobile spray tan technician and was just wondering how many spray tans a week do you do on average, at the moment im doing anything from 12 to 25 per week and those are usually on wed, thur and fri evening, and the odd saturday morning appointment.

Just curious to see how many you guys do??:wink2:

hello anybody?????

hello anybody?????
hi hunny only just registered with the site so not fully sure what i am doing.
i have just started a mobile spray tanning business in scotland 2weeks ago so far averaging about 10-12 per week busy thursday daytime and evening friday and saturday morning.xx

hi hunny only just registered with the site so not fully sure what i am doing.
i have just started a mobile spray tanning business in scotland 2weeks ago so far averaging about 10-12 per week busy thursday daytime and evening friday and saturday morning.xx

Hiya
I'm also looking into starting mobile tanning could you give me some advice on how I should go about it and could you tell me what tan machine is better

Thanks

Hiya
I'm also looking into starting mobile tanning could you give me some advice on how I should go about it and could you tell me what tan machine is better

Thanks

Hiya, spray tanning is wicked n u will love it. Firstly id look into some courses, (suntana & sienna x are good) and book that. iv got the samll HVLP machine for 2-3 tans a day which is great for starting out. Then unless uv got a particular brand in mind phone round several companies Suntana, Sienna, Sunjunkie, Fake bake etc and ask for samples and go with ur prefered 1 that ticks all the boxes for u... I use suntana and it is cheap compared to others but the colour is fantastic they come in 3 different flavour (coconut, Cherry n Chocolate) really lovely natural tan. Deffo good value for money. And obvs dont forget ur spray tan tent and accessories. Hope this helps x x x

Hi Tip,

Most people on salongeek prefer the MaxiMist HV5008. It's reliable (British-made, 12 month warranty) and can deal with as many clients as you can throw at it!

Hi all,

I'm hoping im replying to the right thread here! new to Salon Geek so sorry if im doing the wrong thing!
I also am looking at starting to offer spray tanning and hoping some of you lovely experienced spary tanners could help me? I have a few questions..
1) I was going to do a spary tan course at my local beauty training centre and then buy the equiptment etc after, but if i dont train directly through the companys i.e sienna x can i still buy there product? or is it like Bio sculpture and you cant buy the product unless you train with them?
2) I currently offer wax and gel nails and only really get 3-4 clients a week, is tanning more popular or am i not advertising right?
3) what is the ave charge to do a tan in my home based salon
4) do the tents really keep the room clean?
5) are the replacement lotions expensive to buy and how many clients do you get to the bottle?
sorry for the massive mail but i want to research before i pay out!

Thanks in advance!

Bex:rolleyes:

Hi all,

I'm hoping im replying to the right thread here! new to Salon Geek so sorry if im doing the wrong thing!
I also am looking at starting to offer spray tanning and hoping some of you lovely experienced spary tanners could help me? I have a few questions..
1) I was going to do a spary tan course at my local beauty training centre and then buy the equiptment etc after, but if i dont train directly through the companys i.e sienna x can i still buy there product? or is it like Bio sculpture and you cant buy the product unless you train with them?
2) I currently offer wax and gel nails and only really get 3-4 clients a week, is tanning more popular or am i not advertising right?
3) what is the ave charge to do a tan in my home based salon
4) do the tents really keep the room clean?
5) are the replacement lotions expensive to buy and how many clients do you get to the bottle?
sorry for the massive mail but i want to research before i pay out!

Thanks in advance!

Bex:rolleyes:

Hello

Welcome to salon geek

I do spray tans i charge £20 that is about how much alot of ppl charge for them and also you can use anyines solution i trined through wow factor they were brill :)

I use tantrick but im looking at going for nouvatan

This forum is great for all the questions you may have

Let me know if you would liek to know anymore information

Thanks
Austin x

1) You can buy anyone's kit and solutions, whether or not you train with them :) Don't get fooled by these special training packages with "deals" on equipment - if you shop around a bit, you'll see the deals aren't really much of a deal.
2) Tanning is probably going to be a lot more seasonal than nails. I would say if you advertise correctly you'll get a lot more than 3-4 clients a week during busy seasons.
3) That depends on your area. Probably around £15-£20.
4) Yes, but alwas put down a towel as well for them to step out onto.
5) Some are expensive, some aren't. Do your research before branding your new venture with a particular tanning company's logos all over the place. Higher price does not always = higher quality, so try a few out before you decide. You will get 16-20 tans per litre of solution, depending on your application method (HVLP or airbrush), experience level and preferred style.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Hi
Sorry late to this thread, only joined on here today. I was recommended to go with SIenna for training and porduct but now not so sure is there other good training courses that are accredited that anyone recommends? ALl that comes up on google is Sienna!
Thanks

Hi

Sunless solutions do great training and they also offer 121 training give
them a call on 01634 386 546/01634 386548 or visit the website www.sunless-solutions.co.uk :D

wow I wish I had that many clients im just starting out though !!!!
I hope it picks up :)

I am getting barely any, I am new and just can't seem to get the I itial coustomers. the few I have done have all come back but it's getting people to come in the first place! I spent ages researching which solution to use and perfecting my technique and now I am fully happy with both I am wondering if it's all been a waste of time! i have tried to get anymore people to like my facebook page and advertise through that and have handed ou business cards but think I will get some flyers and stand in the high street on Saturday and go for it! I would love to be doing 10+ per week!

I did my spray tan course on 18th July (so 2 weeks ago)

First week i sprayed 13 people

Last week i sprayed 13 people

This week so far i have 16 people booked in so far

I did my spray tan course on 18th July (so 2 weeks ago)

First week i sprayed 13 people

Last week i sprayed 13 people

This week so far i have 16 people booked in so far

Thats impressive! How do you market your tans? xx

Latest posts

Back