Avolve or Illume?.. have you tried it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdskora

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you geeks have tried Hawleys range of Illume?..
I went to a class tonight and was impressed by it.. just wondered if anyone has road tested it?..
Thanks
Mel

He'll correct me if i'm wrong :lol: but i'm sure Nailzoo has/does . hth's

I know Nailzoo uses Avolve, you can always pm him for his opinions on it hun...xx

I've cut and pasted this from another forum.......

Just for those that don't know, I am now using Avolve and I am asked to roadtest their products, I have no financial gain from doing this and have made a decision based on personal choice and preference.

HERE WE GO .......

Many products look the same (after all, every acrylic system is just a liquid and a powder) .... so I guess they all look the same ......

Illume is good, so is Creative, Ezflow, IBD, OPI ...etc. etc and I would never sell one product over another by belittling others, or the respect they have earned.

Many products look the same, or even seem to work the same, but they all have their subtle differences that make them individual.

Or are your comments in regard to packaging? woop, woop, 2 products in metal bottles , are all liquids in plastic or glass bottles the same also?

Actually the bottles are different, they just have a metal finish, is it the jars? Well to be honest, the jars are the same, but Avolve had added just a little extra to make them a little better.

There is also a subtle diference in bottles and jars that I can't mention right now, but will be noted in the future (remember I said this for future reference).

The brushes may look the same, but are different (although until you have used them, you would not notice the attention paid to detail and quality). Many brushes look the same, but work quite differently.

Even the similar looking cuticle pusher is different (we have had them machined to our specifications).

Similar looking files too, (but are all files that look the same actually the same)? I think the Avolve ones are better (in my opinion), more streamlined with a better press out form (no splinters).

Many will say Avolve is the same as Illume due to association ... (it isn't) there is a connection though, and that connection is Maureen (and possibly my prior association too), Maureen developed both systems.... and obviously due to trademark issues the product has to be different.....

AND IT IS DIFFERENT. WE HAVE MADE SURE OF IT.

Very simply put ....... Avolve is a much newer system using newer technology with a few secrets from well versed experienced friends thrown into the mix just for good measure.

Avolve has a different setup time, it's smoother in application, it will be less expensive (keeping the technicians outgoings in mind), as will all the accessories that go with it.

I too thought they may be the same.... but shock horror .....use them side by side and they are VERY DIFFERENT.

Put it this way .... imagine if you developed a system .... then had the opportunity to do it again, I'd imagine you would do it better, different, perhaps learning from past mistakes/experience and improve on the things that you weren't so happy with in the past, with a point to prove, calling upon (and listening) to respected people with longstanding relationships and reputations to give a helping hand, bettering everything all along the way.

Well that's Avolve, different technology, learned from experience and past restrictions and ready to prove a point.

I should know, I've had my input in this system (put my reputation on the line for it) and it will blow your socks off.

Don't believe me
icon_question.gif
, get a sample kit, set up 2 dishes of both liquid and the powder, then use it at the same time ..... I bet I know what product you will want to use.

Now you do it and make your decision.

Please feel free to point out anything you feel is the same and I will point out the difference.

At Avolve we are not about copying, we are about bettering (keeping the end user/technician in mind).

I've cut and pasted this from another forum.......

Just for those that don't know, I am now using Avolve and I am asked to roadtest their products, I have no financial gain from doing this and have made a decision based on personal choice and preference.

HERE WE GO .......

Many products look the same (after all, every acrylic system is just a liquid and a powder) .... so I guess they all look the same ......

Illume is good, so is Creative, Ezflow, IBD, OPI ...etc. etc and I would never sell one product over another by belittling others, or the respect they have earned.

Many products look the same, or even seem to work the same, but they all have their subtle differences that make them individual.

Or are your comments in regard to packaging? woop, woop, 2 products in metal bottles , are all liquids in plastic or glass bottles the same also?

Actually the bottles are different, they just have a metal finish, is it the jars? Well to be honest, the jars are the same, but Avolve had added just a little extra to make them a little better.

There is also a subtle diference in bottles and jars that I can't mention right now, but will be noted in the future (remember I said this for future reference).

The brushes may look the same, but are different (although until you have used them, you would not notice the attention paid to detail and quality). Many brushes look the same, but work quite differently.

Even the similar looking cuticle pusher is different (we have had them machined to our specifications).

Similar looking files too, (but are all files that look the same actually the same)? I think the Avolve ones are better (in my opinion), more streamlined with a better press out form (no splinters).

Many will say Avolve is the same as Illume due to association ... (it isn't) there is a connection though, and that connection is Maureen (and possibly my prior association too), Maureen developed both systems.... and obviously due to trademark issues the product has to be different.....

AND IT IS DIFFERENT. WE HAVE MADE SURE OF IT.

Very simply put ....... Avolve is a much newer system using newer technology with a few secrets from well versed experienced friends thrown into the mix just for good measure.

Avolve has a different setup time, it's smoother in application, it will be less expensive (keeping the technicians outgoings in mind), as will all the accessories that go with it.

I too thought they may be the same.... but shock horror .....use them side by side and they are VERY DIFFERENT.

Put it this way .... imagine if you developed a system .... then had the opportunity to do it again, I'd imagine you would do it better, different, perhaps learning from past mistakes/experience and improve on the things that you weren't so happy with in the past, with a point to prove, calling upon (and listening) to respected people with longstanding relationships and reputations to give a helping hand, bettering everything all along the way.

Well that's Avolve, different technology, learned from experience and past restrictions and ready to prove a point.

I should know, I've had my input in this system (put my reputation on the line for it) and it will blow your socks off.

Don't believe me
icon_question.gif
, get a sample kit, set up 2 dishes of both liquid and the powder, then use it at the same time ..... I bet I know what product you will want to use.

Now you do it and make your decision.

Please feel free to point out anything you feel is the same and I will point out the difference.

At Avolve we are not about copying, we are about bettering (keeping the end user/technician in mind).

So you recommend it then Carl :hug:

suzie49, yes, I prefer it, it's pretty irrelevant in here though, it's more an AUS issue and I get many emails per day, I just kinda had to clear it up, I'm gonna have to cut and paste this into a few emails tomorrow too :lol:

thanks for your thoughts carl.. they are very helpful.( and now i am really confused).. but something to think about..
How long have you been using the Avolve?..
ta
Mel

I have tried both, Ilume is good but Avolve IMO is just so nice to work with and so is my choice out of the two.
xx

Thank you Lisa,
Can you tell me what you used before and why u love Avolve so much?
thanks
Mel

Hi

My sister is currently using Avolve at her college, she did my nails last week, my nails came out really nicely, I am a skin geek so I can't really tell you how it is like using the product, only that i was happy with the final result.:)

Hi

My sister is currently using Avolve at her college, she did my nails last week, my nails came out really nicely, I am a skin geek so I can't really tell you how it is like using the product, only that i was happy with the final result.:)

Which college is she going to ?

Hello :)

She is going to North Sydney College of TAFE, she has nearly finished her nail enhancement course. She is lucky that she can use such a great product so early on.

Hello.
I have had my nails done by Karen www.gnb.com.au using Avolve & Illume.They are the most beautiful nails I have had in a while, she is an amazing nail artist.My nails did not lift at all.She was working out which she wanted to sell & Avolve was the winner & GNB are now selling Avolve.They have a demo day Wednesday 19th Nov.If you can go email [email protected]. I will be there so hopefuly I will be able to meet a few geekers.Lisa.D see you next Wednesday.Cofee sandwiches & bickies I hear r on the menu.BTW they can ship Avolve to the UK or anywhwre in the world.

Last edited:
maxine1, nice to see you may have crossed over (or are considering), Avolve,(even your profile mentions you use it) I mentioned it ages ago and you snubbed Permanail (practically dissed the company).

How the worm turns .....:) (figure of speech)

I guess Karen has to say "jump" before you paid any attention,(most of your posts have something to do with Karen & GNB) nonetheless, glad you finally acknowledge the product, the quality, the company and the people behind it.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say thanks to all who have replied.
Carl if the offer to come and sit with you for the day is still on the table i would love to take you up on it...
What day is best for you?.. I can come on a Monday or Wednesday. ( work the other days).. Also can you please PM me with the $$$ for a ful set done by you please.
Thanks again'Mel

Thank you Lisa,
Can you tell me what you used before and why u love Avolve so much?
thanks
Mel

Hi Sorry its took me so long to reply but I only have a little browse in here every now and then LOL.

I was using Millenium in the UK and when I first arrived in Sydney, I then met Karen at GNB and started using Gorgeous (which I do like) and I was gobsmacked at how much easier it was to use. Now having used the Avolve system I really love it and I think the exfoliator is just such a fantastic idea, The packaging is really nice and with quite a few different pinks to choose from you can't go wrong.

We had an Avolve Demo day on Wednesday and Maureen was fantastic, I had the pleasure of having her do one of my nails and did try to beg her to do the whole lot for me (no such luck) LOL. Maureen is such a lovely lady and is going to be offering more demos with Avolve I think in the future (i'm not sure and don't want to give false info).

I would say to anyone give it a try and you will be amazed, I know I was.

Maxine it was nice to finally meet you and weren't those sandwhiches yummy! LOL

maxine1, nice to see you may have crossed over (or are considering), Avolve,(even your profile mentions you use it) I mentioned it ages ago and you snubbed Permanail (practically dissed the company).

I guess Karen has to say "jump" before you paid any attention,(most of your posts have something to do with Karen & GNB) nonetheless, glad you finally acknowledge the product, the quality, the company and the people behind it.

Hi Carl
Karen can be very persuasive LOL and won't have a wrong word said about permanail I can tell you!:lol:

You mentioned the Avolve brushes in one of your posts, OMG they are so nice. I had lost a lot of confidence when I came over to Sydney and didn't do a set of nails for months but my confidence is gradually getting better with Karen's help now and after using the Avolve its even more so and my new brush is just lovely to work with I am getting really nice results.

Take Care
cya!

feeling jealous that we cant avolve over here. Nailzoo please come on your hols and pack a big big case too! Form an orderly queue at customs ladies, no pushing and shoving..

xxxxxx

Never snubbed perma nail Carl.I love perma nail, the company, the people and avolve. I have used their waxes for many years. Not just their acrylic systems like you.Just dont like the perma nail acrylic.I dont do what karen says, she trialed avolve and loved it (her opinion does mean alot in this industry)and then she did my nails and i played with the avolve kit and loved it like everyone else and the rest they say is hystory.I love avolve and i think the way we did do nails is all but over.There are more and more tafes now training only in avolve.Thanks god for perma nail - they rock!!! Wonder why CND did not come up with the concept - they were the biggest years ago. OH I had heard the CND range is now made in mexico?? Why would that be, any ideas Carl??
Lisa, thanks for a great demo day - I have attended many demos over the years and never had any put on the spread that you and the gnb staff did.Go girls - you to rock!!!
I loved the new tanning solutions that you guys are making - thanks for the chance to trial them they have my vote. MWA

Latest posts

Back