Awkward dating question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just reading through this read and I have an extremely naive question.
You know how one of you said they have to be beautiful on the inside and out - I completely agree %100 and when someone loves you of course they are going to be generous, loving, caring and in your eyes will be beautiful inside and out.
Maybe I don't understand this whole love thing well enough but I've only been with one guy and was with him for a reallllllly long time in high school and he seemed beautiful on the inside and outside but to everyone else he wasn't .
He was only "beautiful on the inside" because I was in love with him, he was only good to me because he knew that was how you're meant to treat your lover, he wasn't good to other people, infact, he was the completely opposite.
I'm sure everyone wants a partner with a very good heart and a kind soul, but how many truly good people out there are there?
Not many.
Some people talk. Anyone can talk, but what's on the inside is what's important.
My point is, I've seen soo many guys that are not very nice people in relationships with the sweetest women, in the women's eyes they're beautiful..
So, my question is, how can people look for a partner "with a good heart" when there aren't many of them out there that are genuine.
Does love blind you? Can you eventually see their true colours? Because I sure did, because the "honeymoon" stage doesn't last for long and then you start seeing the way they really are.
It confuses me, I don't even know if I'm making sense.
I always wonder about things like this.

For me it can be measured in the way that they talk to (and about) sales staff, waiters, their own family, friends and you.
When I met my OH, we lived in different countries, so it was difficult for me to see these kind of things. I recognised that he was a caring person by the things that he used to do for others, for example his mother. As in, taking her shopping, giving her a lift to the podiatrist, stopping by every Saturday morning then buying her fish and chips (her treat) and sitting with her so she wasn't eating alone (she was 83 at the time)
Unkind people don't do this kind of stuff.
Also, I used to work in a top class restaurant, and the people with "old" money were very appreciative to us staff, where as the "nouveau riche" as they were called there treated you like servants.
So if you pay attention to how people treat waiting staff, sales people etc. I think that gives you quite a good measure of how kind they really are and if they show and possess any empathy.

I heard somewhere that if you throw a glass of milk over someone, their reaction will tell you exactly what kind of person they are.

If someone threw milk over me, I wouldn't care less. But if someone threw it on my sofa I would strangle them !

Ok, here's a question.. if you met a short fat ugly troll, but you knew he was a millionaire with a heart of gold to boot, and he asked you out on a date ..say dinner at the Ritz, would you say 'yes' and go ?

I definitely would.

Id go for the experience. But I'd do what I've actually done before....
When he went round the side of his car to throw his jacket in I leapt into mine and gave him a cheery wave then drove off lol

Ok, here's a question.. if you met a short fat ugly troll, but you knew he was a millionaire with a heart of gold to boot, and he asked you out on a date ..say dinner at the Ritz, would you say 'yes' and go ?

I definitely would.

No amount of money/posh dinners/compliments paid to me would make me go on a date with someone who looked liked a troll. As shallow as that makes me :lol: got to find them abit attractive

You know how one of you said they have to be beautiful on the inside and out - I completely agree %100 and when someone loves you of course they are going to be generous, loving, caring and in your eyes will be beautiful inside and out.
Maybe I don't understand this whole love thing well enough but I've only been with one guy and was with him for a reallllllly long time in high school and he seemed beautiful on the inside and outside but to everyone else he wasn't .
He was only "beautiful on the inside" because I was in love with him, he was only good to me because he knew that was how you're meant to treat your lover, he wasn't good to other people, infact, he was the completely opposite.
I'm sure everyone wants a partner with a very good heart and a kind soul, but how many truly good people out there are there?
Not many.
Some people talk. Anyone can talk, but what's on the inside is what's important.
My point is, I've seen soo many guys that are not very nice people in relationships with the sweetest women, in the women's eyes they're beautiful..
So, my question is, how can people look for a partner "with a good heart" when there aren't many of them out there that are genuine.
Does love blind you? Can you eventually see their true colours? Because I sure did, because the "honeymoon" stage doesn't last for long and then you start seeing the way they really are.

This brings to mind the phrase "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"!

I definitely would.

I've done it! I really wanted to fancy him but I couldn't - damn!

So have I. :twisted:

Was it Bernie?? I wouldn't mind his money but I couldn't take him seriously, haha!

Not many.

I agree with ch-ela. If they treat others well, have nice manners etc they are probably a genuine nice people. And there are some of them still left. I found one of them!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Update ladies, he has just called to say he has asked for his next job to be down this way so starting next week he will be 35 miles away!! :) x

Yay! I'm thrilled for you. Hope you have some great times 😊

Thats great!!!

Thank you both, probably go off him now!! X

A question for you Yorkshire lasses. This "amazing" man has just thrown a complete hissy fit because he now realises that part of my job is a full body massage for men. He insists he is not possessive or jealous but thats it a "yorkshire" thing?
H x

A question for you Yorkshire lasses. This "amazing" man has just thrown a complete hissy fit because he now realises that part of my job is a full body massage for men. He insists he is not possessive or jealous but thats it a "yorkshire" thing?
H x

Don't know about Yorkshire but same here in Newcastle.
I just laugh when Scott got all weird about me waxing or tanning men x

Sent from the catphone

But this is a deal breaker for him. Just said all his plans for work revolved around being near me but couldnt stand me doing that and think southern men have no ba**s letting their girlfriends do that under the name of professionalism!!

H x

Can't understand why it had anything to do with being from Yorkshire lol maybe he is a little paranoid but just daren't admit it? X

I was with a Yorkshire man and I think that's bull shine.
It could be he's trying to say that northern men see grooming as unnecessary but to say they have a general attitude about it being sexual is rubbish. It's personal to him and I'm afraid to say he's being manipulative!
Are you hearing alarm bells? :(

I was with a Yorkshire man and I think that's bull shine.
It could be he's trying to say that northern men see grooming as unnecessary but to say they have a general attitude about it being sexual is rubbish. It's personal to him and I'm afraid to say he's being manipulative!
Are you hearing alarm bells? :(

Yes i have to say i am, but blimey he was raging, i thought he was joking at first which obviously made things worse but things he said resembled the stone age and i told him so which didnt go down too well so i think my amazing romance is dead before its even started!

Latest posts

Back