Awkward silences

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree very much with this Marian...its something was told off for years and years ago when i was hairdressing training (YTS...for those old enough to know what that was..:lol:) and its something that stuck with me.

Even with friends i find the whole "well, I..." off putting...like they are not really listening to you.

Hello Everyone :)

When I worked in a spa environment I was told not to talk, we did manicures and pedicures on the massage tables while the client was laying down, I have been told not to talk about anything personal by a few bosses in the past and now I have my own place I have carried it through.

Some clients talk a lot even through a facial or massage and you can't stop them if they want to spill their whole personal life, but I have found these clients rarely return, whereas the clients that I am not really on a personal level with come back!

Especially when they talk about man trouble, then take the man they have just rubbished back, I think they feel embarrassed, when I ask them how they are with the particular issue in the next treatment.

I think its better not to get to involved with clients, that way you can also
stay on a professional level with them, when they start becoming more like friends, they also tend to try and get away with things like being late and trying to get discounts etc. etc.

Do any of you find this as well?

I try not to talk about anything persoanl, usually we chat about the weather (boring...) news that are making the headlines at the moment, upcoming events, i also update them of any new treatment or product i may have. The only times i get more personal is for example if they tell me they are going on holidays i ask about them when they return or something like that.
I used to work at a hairdresser salon were there was quite a lot of gossip but i didn't enjoy it very much, i try to keep a diferent enviroment.

Latest posts

Back