Awkward situation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YummyMummy2014

Reaction score
I did a client on Tuesday- natural tips was what she wanted, even though her nails were badly bitten down to the point of bulging skin above the nail plate. I did the best I could with the very little space I had. She said she would pay me by bank transfer that evening.
The next day no payment had been made so I texted her and chased it up.
The day after that she texted and said 'I've made the transfer and it may take a day to go in although 3 of the nails have come off already'
I offered to fix them right away but she was too busy so I've offered a free set of sculpts next week to see if they stay on better for her- she seemed happy with that
Anyway I've still not had that original payment! I feel a bit foolish asking for payment when 3 came off
What would you do?
I was thinking about just waiting till I see her next week and mentioning it then?

She should have paid anyway, I would have advised using tips would mean that they might not last as she had badly bitten nails. I wouldn't be offering anything for free to her, she got a service that she should have paid for. A bit blunt sorry x

There are a couple of things that you can learn from this experience.

Firstly, on nails that are badly bitten nothing can ever be guaranteed. Ever. They have more than likely been a nail biter all of their lives and that is not going to change in a week, most of the time they will have been biting their nails without ever realising it. When doing a client like this I explain that I can not guarantee the nails , all repairs must be paid for and they must come back after a week and at the max two weeks for a maintance appointment. Nail biters nails will grow extra quickly due to the trauma of biting them continuously.

Secondly, insist on payment in cash or get a mobile device that you can take credit / debit card payments on (or just be cash only) and don't accept bank transfers - you are leaving yourself wide open for abuse

Going forward you should repair the nails as you have already said you would but explain that anymore repairs will have to be paid for , if you get any more clients explain nothing is guaranteed and it will make your life easier and will be an incentive for your clients to take better care of their nails :)

Have you seen them? Never offer anything until you've seen for yourself.

I would offer no guarantees to something that wasn't paid for. This is definitely a client that I would offer to repair unless she had cash in hand and I would not book again! Let her go...

Oh phew the money's gone in today!! Problem solved! X

Latest posts

Back