Back fills/infills...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

First i will apologize for me being thick! Ive done a search on this but am unable to locate any answers!?! I am sooo blond it is untrue!!! Anyhow...

What is the difference between a backfill/infill or are they the same i treat an infill as when the product has grown away from the cuticle end & needs reapplying to look brand new!(sorry not very technical am i!?!)

Anyone any tips/tutorials please throw them my way!

:o

Backfill/ infill/ rebalance... can all be the same thing.

The difference the terms. Traditionally a back fill means to move the white part of the the nail back and remove any lifting, replace product... in other words a rebalance....

infill, remove lifted product, if using white, redefine the smile line, replace product... in other words, a rebalance;)

look at the tutorials under file and brush control, or better yet, buy Geeg's book, it will be out soon!!!

hiya..x

If i do a infill...i just buff over the nail...remove any lifting ... smooth over zone 3 and replace product in zone 3 then finish layer (gloss)...its very quick and so cheaper.

If i do a re-balance i do just that and re-balance the whole nail...all 3 zones ...remove the paint on white, de-bulk where the apex has moved and replace where it should be, reduce length, remove any lifting, replace white, re-shape. It takes me nearly the same time to do this as a new set so i charge accordingly.

I think infill and backfill are the same thing... just re balance is different.

HTH xxx

Latest posts

Back