Bacteria Allert!!!!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sortedcres

Reaction score
:right: Hi chaps

I would like to read your thoughts on a nail appointment I had today.

I went to see a lady today (her first app today with me i might add) to rebalance a set of natural nail overlays. Upon removing the dark polish my heart sank (honest), an invitation to the BACTERIA ALLERT.

A bacterial infection on 3 of her nails, the infection on her thumb is covers almost half of her nail (you can imagine my thoughts!!). Apparently it's been there for sometime, the lady has had the same extensions on for 2 YEARS, with no removal ever.

My lady said she asked the salon where she had her last 2 rebalances in Leeds i must add, if they should be soaked off but the technician seemed to think they were fine and the infection was her fault and the problem would go away.

The rest of her nails were hump so backed, cloudy and lifting (oh the lift or lifting seems to have been rebalanced in to the nails) i couldn't even get a close enough to really see the infection but it looks like it's been living rent free for sometime (not good).

I am going to see my lady in the morning to soak em off.

Please let me know your thoughts good or bad, i'll let you make your own oppinion on this one!!

My first website, i di it all on my own
icon_smile.gif

http://groups.msn.com/nailtecmobile

Well there can't be any good thought s about this now can there?

My guess is the the lady could have been doing them herself so she doesn't have to go back to the salon who originally did them. For What reason would she not have them soaked off and what nail technician would not insist?

Bad all around.

PS why has this post got 5 stars?? I didnt give them and I am the first to answer it?? Neither do I think it merits 5 stars either ... sorry.

I have to say there just isn't anything good to say about this. I would make sure they are all soaked off immediately. God knows what her nails are gonna be like when they come off.

I don't envy your job. But there again if you can make her nails look good after they've been sorted, then you'll have a client for life i reckon. It makes me wonder why people let their nails look awful. i know being a tech makes you look at things differently, but they must see that its not right surely??

I hate having dirt under my nails, let alone seeing a bacterial infection, or anything weird looking. Oh well i suppose some people's standards are alot lower.:eek:

Latest posts

Back