Bad Cracked toe advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammiG

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

I hope someone can help me. I took the kids sledging in the snow a couple of days ago, came home and took my shoes off... I have a crack on my big toe, where the hard skin is, not that I have much as I try and give myself regular pedis. I had a bath, got rid of what I thought was a bit of hard skin and it seemed fine. I woke up today and the crack is so deep, I can see blood and it's really painful when I walk. It's not like a cracked heel in that there is only one crack!!

Now in this situation with a client, I would refer her to a podiatrist or doctor as it was bleeding and painful but as it's me, does anyone have any advice on what to do or any great products I could use?
Sam xxx

Hi geeks!

I hope someone can help me. I took the kids sledging in the snow a couple of days ago, came home and took my shoes off... I have a crack on my big toe, where the hard skin is, not that I have much as I try and give myself regular pedis. I had a bath, got rid of what I thought was a bit of hard skin and it seemed fine. I woke up today and the crack is so deep, I can see blood and it's really painful when I walk. It's not like a cracked heel in that there is only one crack!!

Now in this situation with a client, I would refer her to a podiatrist or doctor as it was bleeding and painful but as it's me, does anyone have any advice on what to do or any great products I could use?
Sam xxx

Ouch, SammiG, I know this is painful. CND Cucumber Heel Therapy is a great every day product to help soften the skin and keep it soft in this area. It is difficult I know to keep off your feet to relieve the pressure.

Time and TLC with Solar Oil if you have it or Cucumber Heel Therapy should see the pain diminish in a few days, keep the wound clean and in the air as much as possinble and try during that time not to put too much pressure on it while it settles down. I know what I would do but best not to say here on the site :lol: I know it would help though. xx

These lesions can be very painful, SammiG, but it is difficult to advise you without seeing the toe.The problem with these sort of cracks,- called "fissures" in Podiatry - is that if there is too much hard skin or callus around the opening then they won't heal/close up. Basically the skin has lost its texture by drying out and the two edges won't stick together again. Sometimes it is necessary to see a podiatrist just to have the hard skin removed to aid the wound to close up.
Certainly moisturizers will help - in this weather prevention is always better than cure!
One of the dangers of these fissures is that of infection so I would recommend you seek professional advice.

Latest posts

Back