Bad mouthed on Facebook mobile advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bless you, I know exactly how you feel as i've had pretty much the same thing to me!

When I used to do hair mobile, I had to cancel a friends daughters hair appointment as my 15 month daughter was taken into hospital in the middle of the night.

The abuse I got was unreal, she slagged me off all over fb and to mutual friends. All because she was going out on the Saturday night (I cancelled on the Tuesday morning for the wednesday)

Best bit was....she was the receptionist on the children's ward my daughter was on so she knew just how poorly she was, took all my restraint not to throttle her :D

I chalked it up to experience and knew that my children will always come first, she needed me more than some petulant 20 year old who was throwing her toys out of the pram. As you said, if it was the other way round you'd be sympathetic and understanding. I'd never hold it against my hairdresser if she had to cancel or rearrange an appointment because her child was ill.

God, some people are so selfish! Are they that vain that their looks come before poorly children?! Honestly, I am speechless they could bad mouth you!

I know it's just awful isn't it. Her Dad was absolutely disgusted with her when it got back to him as he's a good family friend. The looks I gave her every time I walked in and out of the ward made me feel slightly better lol. She has children too so I think it just astounded me more than anything, silly girl

Your all making me feel so much better thankyou ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️I'm keeping an eye on the post and one of my regular clients is basically ripping her to bits stating how can she possibly have an opinion and a right until she has been put in the position herself I don't need to comment my clients doing it for me bless her a nice bunch of flowers and a thankyou card going her way
I just can't believe how selfish some people can be
Thanks again for all your lovely comments ❤️❤️❤️

Keep strong. Unfortunately people hide behind FB and spout off when they wouldn't behave like this to your face.

If the shoe was on the other foot you wouldn't behave in the same manner as her so let her get on with it.

I'm sure it's knocked you for six but remain professional. People will see her for what she is and if they don't more fool them.

Take screen shots just in case you need them.

Debbie

Great advice thankyou 👍

Sometimes clients forget we are all human x

We're not allowed and our children are not allowed to be sick we're in the beauty industry that makes us at everyone's beck and call and they get to speak to us like s**t and bad mouth us but they can cancel at last minute come late change there mind every 2 mins expect Us to perform miracles ( black to blonde in an hour especially ) and rectify there own disasters ... Good job there's some lovely clients out there or is looking for a new career
Thanks again for everyone's help ❤️❤️

Hi mobile geeks
Before I go jumping in feet first is really like some other mobile hairdressers advice
I have recently been ill and had to cancel a few clients ..
My son has also been having tests done for autistic spectrum disorder .
While I was ill I had a long time to think and decided to cut my hours down to spend more time with my son .
I messaged a client last Wednesday who was booked in for this sat explained fully why I was having to cancel in a really professional manner explaining everything regarding my son
I had no reply
This morning I have woke up to a complete linch mob on Facebook against me mainly by this lady then a few other clients who I had to rearrange or cancel due to my sons assessments
This has really upset me and me want to pack work in altogether now !
How would you handle the situation ??
Thanks in advance

I am sorry but I would have honoured existing appointments and told my clients to their face. I am reducing my hours by dropping out every third Saturday as I have a child with Dyspraxia and my partner now has to work these saturdays and I know my son won't go to a child minder due to his special needs.
I told all my clients in December and am having my first Saturday off next weekend.
How would you feel if your bank suddenly said "we are shutting in ten days so you will have to find another branch"

That being said, she should not have done this on FB. I would just write "if anybody would like to contact me to discuss this matter privately then I would welcome the chance" x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well everyone does things differently And it's my choice to stop working whenever I want to I don't have a husband to look after my son so your very lucky

Without doubt the health and well being of family and children come first.

But, and it's a big but, clients don't want to hear this. They do want to think that they are first priority. They want to be made to feel special, important, the next best thing since sliced bread. That's what they want to hear and they don't want to hear the therapists problems or difficulties.

That is what I believe the service industry is all about.

Of course there are some exceptions. And they are lovely and I'm lucky to have some of those too.

Well everyone does things differently And it's my choice to stop working whenever I want to I don't have a husband to look after my son so your very lucky

Wow. Why so defensive? Don't ask for opinions if you don't want to hear it unless it is the same as yours.
Fact. You HAVE let your clients down at short notice and I think they are right to be annoyed but no they shouldn't be venting at you on FB.
My partner works 60hours a week on permanent night shifts the shift change came into play 6 weeks ago and he has been taking unpaid leave so as I do not lose clients FYI. I have also been in the position of being a working single parent so do not be so quick in your "what would you know" sentiment.

Wow. Why so defensive? Don't ask for opinions if you don't want to hear it unless it is the same as yours.
Fact. You HAVE let your clients down at short notice and I think they are right to be annoyed but no they shouldn't be venting at you on FB.
My partner works 60hours a week on permanent night shifts the shift change came into play 6 weeks ago and he has been taking unpaid leave so as I do not lose clients FYI. I have also been in the position of being a working single parent so do not be so quick in your "what would you know" sentiment.

I wasn't been defensive I appreciate everyone's options which I why I asked in the first place so I think the high horse needs to calm down I haven't got the what would you know attitude at all I was merely stating your lucky to have support at home and FYI I didn't just cancel clients it was one client and I offered her a different time but she chose to ignore me .
Maybe we should just agree to disagree on this matter .. I wish you well in your career but iv really had enough for today thankyou

I asked for advice not to slagged off more but thanks

I'm not even sure where the relevance of a bank comes into it. .! Millions of people involved with thousands of branches and thousands of staff. .. to a mobile hairdresser with a small client base...!

It's not even a realistic analogy.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hun I have been where you are now with my son and can honestly say I have never felt as low as I did at that time !!! Please take my advice and keep life simple at the moment and spend as much time with your family as you can.
If you are feeling the same way I did my brain was full of questions like why my son !!!! So dealing with people like this at this time is not good for you !!!!! Look after yourself and your son and your true clients will still be there for you !!! Good luck !!!! always here if ever you need a chat
Jane x

Hun I have been where you are now with my son and can honestly say I have never felt as low as I did at that time !!! Please take my advice and keep life simple at the moment and spend as much time with your family as you can.
If you are feeling the same way I did my brain was full of questions like why my son !!!! So dealing with people like this at this time is not good for you !!!!! Look after yourself and your son and your true clients will still be there for you !!! Good luck !!!! always here if ever you need a chat
Jane x

Thanky ou so much for the advice ❤️this is exactly what I am wanting to do .. I'm having to deal with this on my own and just want to be there for my little boy it don't want to be working all the time ..I do understand about honouring some appointments but I did try and come to an
Arrangement but I was just ignored :-(
All my other clients have been fantastic and understood completely the same as I do if they need to cancel I have a client base of around 20 not 200 !!
Thanks again jane I hope you and your son are happy and healthy xx

You will be fine. You will never keep people happy all of the time. Your clients understand your predicament and clearly are highly supportive. You will always get the odd one or two that will never be happy.... (even on this site!) Nothing you can do about that so don't even waste your time trying. Possibly that is the nature of this industry and probably many others too. Look after yourself and your family, no one else will. Hope it all goes well for you.

You will be fine. You will never keep people happy all of the time. Your clients understand your predicament and clearly are highly supportive. You will always get the odd one or two that will never be happy.... (even on this site!) Nothing you can do about that so don't even waste your time trying. Possibly that is the nature of this industry and probably many others too. Look after yourself and your family, no one else will. Hope it all goes well for you.

Thankyou xx

Latest posts

Back