BAD removal of Gelish - can't believe it!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lady R

Reaction score
Had to tell you this, one of my customers mum goes to a salon about 30 miles away from me and always has Gelish. However she had been complaining to her daughter about how thin and sore her nails have become.

It turns out the salon in question removes its Gelish like this:

Acetone on a foil wrap
Place undr UV lamp for 2 min
Scrape off using the technicians own nails

yep thats right, she first gets cooked and then the tech attacks her by scraping it off using her own nails.....

amazing...how do some people get qualified????:smack:

Maybe she isn't qualified? :rolleyes:

Wow! Never heard of that before! Crazy what ideas people have.

Place undr UV lamp for 2 min

That makes no sense to me. Why would you put it under a UV lamp?

Since her nails have become thin and sore I assume she has had it done more than once. Why would you go back to a technician who used their own nails to scrape :smack: Sounds like a "discount salon" to me.

I dont even know why they have to do this, if they just buffed the shine then wrapped with remover and pad it would come off so much easier. They are just making more work for themselves and ruining her nails in the process!

Like I said, probably not even qualified at all and just does not understand that the UV lamp is not for heating up but for curing. A lot of people like this think that a UV lamp provided heat to dry the gel rather than light to cure it! :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back