Bad salon, nails ruined, advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was sad to read your post, I hope you heal up well and find a tech you can trust in the future...

Hi Poonum.

Just a bit of info...the use of an Electric Drill will not cause your nail any damage, unless it is used incorrectly.

Please do not assume that just because a Salon uses an E-File (Electric Drill) that your nails will suffer in any way. An E-File should not be used on your natural nail or cuticles but other than that they are a useful tool in our industry.

Look for a certificate which states that your Technician has had sufficient training with an E-File and you should feel safe in that regard.

hiya, sorry to hear what happened to your nails! i know how you feel cos mine are in a similar state after visiting a place which was not very hygenic etc. im sure your nails will be fine after a while if you follow the advice given. good luck! x :green:

Well I e-mailed my EHO again yesterday, this time asking for her feedback on her investigation into the salon, as it would be useful to take to my local MP when I contact him - she phoned me straight away! Apparently she is going to turn up un-announced at the salon some time next week to assess the running of the place and she'll get back to me with her findings.

She also said a lot is going on in the industry at the moment to start regulating all the NSS's out there, although she might just have heard that on the news as it's so prevelant at the moment!

I didn't see the report on GMTV everyone's talking about, but I did read the article in the Daily Mail. I know the report was brief and not very accurately presented, but I'm glad there is some publicity starting up out there to make people aware of the dangers of NSS's. If anyone wants to use me and my horror story in their campaign for publicity I'd be more than happy to help :)

I think you probably contacted her at the right time as this whole subject is being discussed at the EHO's conference! I'll be interested to see what she reports back to you this time

Latest posts

Back