Bad toe nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandy78

Reaction score
Would like some advice please about what i should or could do with my toe nail.
Did the moon walk in March and both toe nails were left exceptionally bruised they have gone through many colours of brusiing in the last few months and i regularly give myself a pedi but yesterday looked down at my right toe nail and there was a ridge, i had very dark varnish on so took it off to see what was happening and the nail has totally lifted from half way down and virtually the left corner is coming off right up to about half an inch from the new nail growth !!!
The right side at the top remains intact and normal colour but the other side is bluey black and horrible..... is there anything i could use to help this situation dont really want to have to go to the docs if possible have covered it today in tea tree and lavender oil but so worried as i love having nice toe nails and now i might lose it. The left toe nail is still bruised underneath but there are no signs of lifting fingers crossed!

Any help or advice would be greatfully received

Mandy:cry:

hi,

I had this same problem a coupke of years ago.... I went to ireland for a long weekend....went out on the 2nd night cubbing wearing heals....my toes were killing all night and ended up taking my shoes off for the walk home.... I too had dark polish on.....when I flew back home, I took my polish off and my nails on my big toe were eft the same as u have described.....I cleaned underneath and could put my tool almost all the way down the nail.......My nail had lifted from the nail bed....I eventually lost my toe nail.... Basically, my shoes pinched my toes so tight, my nail plate had popped off the nail bed......I'm afraid to say yours will prob do the same thing.:cry:....but good news it didn't actually take that long to grow back....and it was actually quite interesting to see it growing back.....lol......x

It sounds as if you will loose that toenail although possibly not the other one if it was not as badly bruised. One of those things I'm afraid ... but you will see how a new nail grows which as the first poster said .. is quite an interesting process.

Thanks i have purchased some fungus fix as well and am now applying it as the colour ranges from black to greenish yellow so think that an infection may have set in and have also got some thymol coming which i read about in a post on here .. so hopefully if i apply both of them the new nail that eventually comes through will be healthy and i can have pretty toes in the future... so upset as i love to paint and decorate my toes as i cant do it to my nails as the majority of my work is massage and its not allowed !!

That happened to me once when I was jogging in shoes that were just a little too small on me. Unfortunately, my toenail fell off at the beginning of summer. I just couldn't go through the whole summer with an unpolished, ugly toe, so I used a form and put an acrylic nail on the nail bed. It worked beautifully and my nail grew back perfectly...no one could tell that it wasn't my own.

That happened to me once when I was jogging in shoes that were just a little too small on me. Unfortunately, my toenail fell off at the beginning of summer. I just couldn't go through the whole summer with an unpolished, ugly toe, so I used a form and put an acrylic nail on the nail bed. It worked beautifully and my nail grew back perfectly...no one could tell that it wasn't my own.

I also have done this allot for clients over the years ... It makes such a difference to a woman's self esteem.

I apply also right onto the nail bed with Retention+ and the 'false' toenail stays on for ages. If it does come off it can be re-glued for special occasions or a new one made.

Latest posts

Back