Balayage "come out"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elcb

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Looking for some advice, 3 weeks ago I balayaged a clients hair with wella free lights and 12% as I knew it wouldn't come up as light as it would in foils. Anyway, it came up same as the picture shown to me by the client. So she was happy with it as far as I knew. Then called the salon this week and has said her colour has "come out" now we know this can't happen as its lightener. She is coming into have a Wee chat tomorrow. Has anyone got any advice on how I approach this? Thanks in advance

I think it could be one of two things:

1 - The toner/gloss has faded and its gone brighter, so she may feel its 'come out' and become lighter. You'll only need to retone.

2 - Her hair has become dull. This could be a result of the water she washes her hair in, if its well water. It could be a build up of rubbish products shes using. To combat this I'd give it a good few washes with a clarifying shampoo and tone again or do a Malibu C treatment on it.

Or totally different, she may have roots and thats her way of describing them? Clients say the funniest things.

Thank you for replying. I didn't do right up to the root area so she still had a lot of her natural colour anyway so thinking it could maybe have dulled down. As a toner would fade anyway should I be charging for toning again as its another treatment?

Thank you for replying. I didn't do right up to the root area so she still had a lot of her natural colour anyway so thinking it could maybe have dulled down. As a toner would fade anyway should I be charging for toning again as its another treatment?

Yes! But did you also give your client good aftercare advise about how to maintain her colour and offer retail products?

Yes I did :) thank you

Latest posts

Back