Balayage/ombré

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been super inspired by guy tangs balayage ombré's and did my first one on my dolls head 2 days ago. (I've just decided to go back to hairdressing after 6 years out.)
I was wondering how you would go about balayaging if they came in with light hair and needed to go darker at the roots/mid lengths?
Would you do a dark/medium root, blended through to a slightly lighter colour on mid lengths, let it develop then rinse, dry and then balayage?

Yea I did twisting n I love it! Felt so good 2 do it free hand n put bits where i wanted 2 😀 x

I have been super inspired by guy tangs balayage ombré's and did my first one on my dolls head 2 days ago. (I've just decided to go back to hairdressing after 6 years out.)
I was wondering how you would go about balayaging if they came in with light hair and needed to go darker at the roots/mid lengths?
Would you do a dark/medium root, blended through to a slightly lighter colour on mid lengths, let it develop then rinse, dry and then balayage?

I think u could do it all in one, and in a way it's easier wen they have lighter hair 2 start with x

Please forgive me if I sound in knowledgable...
But when balayaging, it's just picking up strands that you choose, yes?
So how would you intergrated a base colour at thesame time? Especially if you were using bleach for the ends to brighten it up, would it mix together? So what would the process be?
Roots first, down to mid lengths with a mid colour and then balayage?
But then what about the pieces you would have wanted to balage right to the root? Surely you can't then?
Sorry that's very long! 😫
Thanks. Xx

Also, when you say you did the twists 10 mins beforethe ends, does that mean you just twisted all the colour together? Or you applied the colour at the bottom then twisted it ten mins before?? Sorry, it literally needs spelling out to me. Haha. Xx

I did my root colour first 6/07, then straight after 8/0 then straight after blondor, I did small twists 1st just 2 make sure the hair was all covered n 2 blend the colours, i don't worry at all about the colours blending, I did big twists 10 min b4 end just 2 really blend! I was lucky the ends didn't need toneing they were a nice colour, but if they did need it, I would have just put that on the ends while it was wet with colour touch. I did more of a balayage/ombré the other day, she was dark so 1st I picked out my bits I wanted using blondor, lifted them up abit, washed of! Then applied the full head colour on roots 4/57 then 7/47 on my bleached bits, then 4/57 on the rest around it, then kind of smudged 2gether! Lol! Does that make sense?View attachment 83768

Thank you! Yes that really helps! Just what I needed to know. ☺️

Can anyone advise me how to start a post? I can't seem to find how to do it!? Ha. Xx

If ur on I phone, u click on the 3 little dots in the right hand corner x

Thanks. I figured it out in the end! Ha.

I did this today. Used magma /17 and freelights developer 40vol for 15/20mins on a very red base, I use the freelights paddle. Did the bleach work first then used an illumina gloss on the roots and smudged down, this is left on for 10mins.
View attachment 83903

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back