Barbie UV gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOVE this colour, who does one similar to this?

I'd (maybe wrongly) assume that as you can't find any trace of it online and the nail tech is not answering anyones questions, that the product is not professional. No hint of it online is a massive no no to me.

What makes you want it so much? Is it the Barbie brand or the actual colour?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

The thought did cross my mind however I do know the tech and salon and they are very reputable. They are very big on doing the best by their clients, nails and health. So I'm not too sure. I just find it sooo odd that I can't find it anywhere :(

And for your other question I want it cause it's super cute packaging, the colours are great and I can see this making me money as so many girls will choose to have it simply because it's 'barbie nails'. :)

It's most likely they stem from Asia as they aren't governed by the same intellectual property restrictions. It means producers routinely use designs & branding without permission from the licence holder.

Whilst I haven't seen a barbie version I've attached pics of snoopy, winnie the pooh & minnie mouse gel polish lines which are all manufactured in Asia.

Are these like bluesky? Or a professional product just manufactured in Asia? :)

The salon themselves probably order through a rep in the salon itself that's why you can't find it on line, very clever X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Barbie are never going to release a gel polish line.

UV curing & semi permanence make gel polish an adult product. Barbie is a children's brand. The public outcry would be massive. So wherever she got it you can 99.9% be sure it is not legit.

With regards to the pics I listed... They're ads from reputable magazines in China & the products are made by decent sized official companies. So they are legit in as much as Chinese manufacturing is mildly regulated. But they would never be sold out of the Asian market as they have stolen Disney images etc.

If someone attempted to sell those items in the West they would quickly be stopped by a law suit. China does not enforce intellectual property law. This is why they are the producer of most of the world's fake goods.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401282999.745712.jpg
Iv also been trying hard to find them, I'm currently at a nail school learning and the teacher is speaking to her suppliers trying to find these and it's impossible!! It just doesn't seem legit if it's so hard to find.

Barbie are never going to release a gel polish line.

UV curing & semi permanence make gel polish an adult product. Barbie is a children's brand. The public outcry would be massive. So wherever she got it you can 99.9% be sure it is not legit.

With regards to the pics I listed... They're ads from reputable magazines in China & the products are made by decent sized official companies. So they are legit in as much as Chinese manufacturing is mildly regulated. But they would never be sold out of the Asian market as they have stolen Disney images etc.

If someone attempted to sell those items in the West they would quickly be stopped by a law suit. China does not enforce intellectual property law. This is why they are the producer of most of the world's fake goods.

I'm not a nail tech but I would say this may not be true as Barbie collaborated with MAC at one point which is considered an " adult product " .

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I'm not a nail tech but I would say this may not be true as Barbie collaborated with MAC at one point which is considered an " adult product " .

It's not an appropriate analogy.

MAC make makeup. It comes off if you wash & can be removed safely at home. Barbie have made makeup for years - lipstick, eyeshadow. Non permanent products which are safely & easily removed.

Gel polish is cured under UV light. Whilst it may be scientifically illogical this is a very controversial process. It is this coupled with the semi permanent nature of gel polish which makes it an adult service. It can't be safely removed by a child, it can't be safely applied by a child. UV light is not something the average parent wants their child exposed to for the sake of beauty.

"What would mumsnet say"? That's what marketing firms & product developers ask whilst rolling their eyes at the overzealous response of the average mother.

There would be a very public and damaging media/parental campaign were Mattel to release such a product.

It's not an appropriate analogy.

MAC make makeup. It comes off if you wash & can be removed safely at home. Barbie have made makeup for years - lipstick, eyeshadow. Non permanent products which are safely & easily removed.

Gel polish is cured under UV light. Whilst it may be scientifically illogical this is a very controversial process. It is this coupled with the semi permanent nature of gel polish which makes it an adult service. It can't be safely removed by a child, it can't be safely applied by a child. UV light is not something the average parent wants their child exposed to for the sake of beauty.

"What would mumsnet say"? That's what marketing firms & product developers ask whilst rolling their eyes at the overzealous response of the average mother.

There would be a very public and damaging media/parental campaign were Mattel to release such a product.

You make a fair point, however I can't imagine many mothers or make up pros condoning the use of professional make up as a play product whether it be easily removed or not . My point is , Barbie have been associated with an adult product previously , similarly , the gel is an adult product targeted at an adult market . As you suggest , gel nails are an adult service , therefore targeted to an adult audience , regardless of the science and process behind the product. I imagine that brand awareness and target audience is the drive behind such collaborations .

Is there any way you could book yourself in as a client? That way you could have a good gawk! xxx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402840099.458006.jpg

Just saw this on instagram. Email [email protected] for inquiries about this polish.

So are these a professional product or not does anybody know? Thanks xxx

So are these a professional product or not does anybody know? Thanks xxx

I'm not sure. I didn't email her. I just remembered a lot of geeks being interested in the product and that popped up on my instagram feed. Thought I'd pass it along.

Hi all! Lol this is the person I was talking about haha. I have commented on that post and will be emailing about it to find out more. The girls at the salon are fab and very professional so I will be going through them to find out more. Lots of love to the girls at miss G's xo

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've been searching for it too and I've added a photo with all the info I can find. I know it's not much help as it's American based I think but they said their looking into shipping to the uk

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 276
Just seen someone else has already posted the same, new to the site and on my phone so making it difficult to use, sorry

I'm not sure. I didn't email her. I just remembered a lot of geeks being interested in the product and that popped up on my instagram feed. Thought I'd pass it along.

Thanks Hun xxx

I'm on holiday in the Gold Coast atm... Just emailed them for details :) x

Hey Girls..i found the barbie gel!! It was at the beauty expo today! They said they have a warehouse where they sell them but no website. Will post the details when i pull out the leaflet later!!

Latest posts

Back