Barcode

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liana kay

Reaction score
Twice today ive read the term `barcode` refering to colouring could anyone please explain or write a tutorial about it ?

Twice today ive read the term `barcode` refering to colouring could anyone please explain or write a tutorial about it ?

Hi liana kay , where did you read this barcode thingy ?
and in what type of way ?

do you think it could be their colour coding ? :hug:

no its a supposidly new colour technique ,but doesnt really give any info . i read it on the wella pro website under guidelines for some of thier new looks and i think i also read about it in HJ

Could it mean the Badger look? Really Dark and really light colours together, perhaps some new highlight/slice technique to do with those colours. If it is it doesnt sound very nice.

It probably isnt though lol.

I havent read my HJ yet or looked on the site but im thinking its probably a mix of thicker and thinner weaving/slicing techniques, maybe some to back to back foils then a gap and one foil, then a gap and more back to back etc. will have a read of my journal :)

lol i know this is late in the day but i jus realised i actually know what this is. . . .it was demonstrated to me on a graduated bob. . . take a square section above the ear to the reccesion and using three contrasting colours ie a 4 and 6 and a bleach. . . . . do vertical slices going 4, then 6 then bleach and so forth till u finish up the block. . . then take a similar size block directly above but this time do slices horizontaly in the same order. . . . . . do the same at the other side of the ear and then do the same in the fringe ensuring u leave a veil of the all over colour to fall over each square. . . the effect is pretty cool. . . . i was advised that the all over shade shud be the same base as the middle shade so in tis scenario it would be a 6 lol. . . .sorry or the late reply on this HAHA xx

lol i know this is late in the day but i jus realised i actually know what this is. . . .it was demonstrated to me on a graduated bob. . . take a square section above the ear to the reccesion and using three contrasting colours ie a 4 and 6 and a bleach. . . . . do vertical slices going 4, then 6 then bleach and so forth till u finish up the block. . . then take a similar size block directly above but this time do slices horizontaly in the same order. . . . . . do the same at the other side of the ear and then do the same in the fringe ensuring u leave a veil of the all over colour to fall over each square. . . the effect is pretty cool. . . . i was advised that the all over shade shud be the same base as the middle shade so in tis scenario it would be a 6 lol. . . .sorry or the late reply on this HAHA xx

Hi scottydolly thanks for letting us know , some really good information there....
once again thank you for taking the time to answer :hug: x minky

nae bother at all. . .better late than never eh HAHA. . . it was really pretty on a bob. . .hair wud have to be pretty layered and texturized to notice it on longer kinda styles tho and i wudnt advise it on overly short hair either or it wud look a bit skunky. . x

I love that term, a bit skunky!!!!

thanks -i dont suppose you could put up a diagram in tutorials?I just know that ill lose this thread!

errrrr i cud try LOL i will have to make a picture HAHAHAHAHA. . . .. oh the fun i will give it a bash and see wot i can do. . . lol xxx

Do you back to back these slices or leave a slice inbetween? I know a few bobs I'd like to try this on! :green:

yeah back to back. . . and i got it in the wrong order lol. . . it horizontal from the ear up, then vertical on top of that block, then only horizontal in the fringe area. . . so imagine it 5 squares. . . 2 at each side and one at the top of the forehead. . . im away to draw a picture to do a tutorial with so u shall see wot i mean lol. . . look in bout half an hour. . . x

thats it up, it prob isnt as excitin as i made it sound, jus a nice effect xx

no problem my love. hopeit is clear enuff xx

Hi, I looked at your diagram, do you put the vertical square section above the horizontal square. On the diagram it looks side by side and I wouldn't want to apply this wrong! Also do you take the 'squares' directly above the ear or from the top of the ear towards the occipital bone. Would you sit the 'squares', square, or put them on an angle?

Questions, questions!:green:

Cheers.

yes, vertical above horizontal, the point of the whole process is to have the vertical falling over the horizontal.
i wud take it boat a cm back from the hairline, u can do the square or rectangle as big or little as u widsh depending on how u want it too look. . . and the squares wud sit square. .; . it has to be quite geometrical and symetrical to work. . . i tend to make a rectangle and split it in half across the middle to make sure the vertical falls onto the horizontal. . .

Thanks for that, I'll give it a whirl :)

Latest posts

Back