Base blend

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surf girl

Reaction score
I'm loving the pics I've seen of base blend on white hair! I really fancy trying it!
Have any of u done it yet? What colours did you use? How do you get a really good blend when working against white? Any tips?

What's this? X

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Aw I thought u guys would know! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422434729.296700.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422434737.078459.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422434745.344665.jpg
U can't find the pic of the white pixie crop with purple roots when I do I'll upload it

So essentially it's like a natural effect using unnatural colour

I want this!! Redken have started doing education for it!

They paint on like a root tint and take small sections and use their blur brush to undefine the line.. I think it's surprising how little blending you have to do to get that look.. A lot of the colour stains when you rinse on the bleached ends!

They just use the mixtones in their permanent range to do it x

What's a blur brush? Am I being stupid 😳

They look like blusher brushes :D

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've never seen them before I don't think?! So could you use one whilst doing a root stretch for ombre?

It's a lot like root stretch I think, I just love how they use bright colours for it but on the pic I saw they kept the white really white

I want this!! Redken have started doing education for it!

They paint on like a root tint and take small sections and use their blur brush to undefine the line.. I think it's surprising how little blending you have to do to get that look.. A lot of the colour stains when you rinse on the bleached ends!

They just use the mixtones in their permanent range to do it x

Do u have any links to any online material about it? I've looked but can't find anything

These are fantastic! Need one of my clients to let me have a shot! Really fancy the White/pink on my own hair! X

Yes I have seen this look before, it was deep purple roots with lilac mid lebths and ends, really cool.

If I was doing this, I would apply chosen colour on roots, then when at back wash. Mix up matching tone in perfecton, cover the hair in it, then emulify for 10 seconds.

Never seen any training on this, just what I would do to create this look x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

It's the root application I'm concerned about technique for, ovs I'd apply say an inch of root but then getting a good blend :S without messing up the white? It's easy when it's ombre coz it's usually dark into light or vice versa but the blending can be as messy as u need coz u can just go back over with tint/bleach as needs be, it's kinda 1 shot with this I think :/

I've got the redken education here ill photograph it when I'm on my dinner and post ))

Here's the education for splash l also got it for spot lights, fringe lights and bold lights xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422445948.288678.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422445961.108627.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422445970.036908.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422445978.696133.jpg

Thank you!

Ooh what's spotlights? Not heard of that one

Jamy123 did you upload them in the highest quality? If not, can you? Or possibly email them to me?! I know SG takes away the quality 😒

I did, yeah I'll email you them shirtly matey xxx

Thanks! 😁

Latest posts

Back