Base blend

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd use wella instamatics for this in colour touch

Paint startdust (clear) around the mid lengths
Chose your root shade paint your roots on using a clean tinting brush blend/smudge it into your clear (smudging different amounts down to give a more natural effect), the clear will dilute it to give the fade out to white whilst keeping the roots an intense colour
Leave to develop for 10-20 mins and wash off your colour x

Would the clear defo not interfere with the white hair already there? All my range 0.00 are lifters

No in colour touch it's just a gloss so you could put it right through to the ends to make it all glossy and blend different lengths of base into it to dilute and fade down (sort of like reverse balayage)

Does the colour touch get mixed with peroxide? It's wella isn't it?

Yeah mix it with ct 1.9% or 4%. Here's the instamatics by colour touch
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422614628.512940.jpg

That's fab, thank u just gotta decide what colour to pick now lol

Jaded mint haha x

To be fair Instamatic fades really quick so you could try them all. Muted mauves my favourite.

I'd need to add a bit of mixtone into them anyway their a bit lighter than I need, it's good that they do a ready made range in those colours tho :) I usually create stuff like that lol

I'd need to add a bit of mixtone into them anyway their a bit lighter than I need, it's good that they do a ready made range in those colours tho :) I usually create stuff like that lol

You're best just making you own then cause they're intermixable with regular ct. Plus if you make your own it'll last way longer, they wash out in like one wash

You're best just making you own then cause they're intermixable with regular ct. Plus if you make your own it'll last way longer, they wash out in like one wash

Yeah instamatics have been a bit of a let down! X

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Pink does last though

Pink does last though

I think I was so excited when I saw them coming and they haven't lived up to my expectations. I thought they would be a little more vibrant and have a little more staying power. Back to my special mix and 10/0 x

I thought I'd 've clever the other day and mix 0/65 with 10/96 instead of 10/0 because it has the /9 in and I thought it would make it a softer pink.....massive mistake! It went salmon, really wishy washy colour, but the client loved it, and it was the end of the day, so I took her money and ran! hahahah x

I think I was so excited when I saw them coming and they haven't lived up to my expectations. I thought they would be a little more vibrant and have a little more staying power. Back to my special mix and 10/0 x

I thought I'd 've clever the other day and mix 0/65 with 10/96 instead of 10/0 because it has the /9 in and I thought it would make it a softer pink.....massive mistake! It went salmon, really wishy washy colour, but the client loved it, and it was the end of the day, so I took her money and ran! hahahah x

Haha 5o'clock "that's exactly how I imagined it" moment? 😜

Haha 5o'clock "that's exactly how I imagined it" moment? 😜

It was 8 o'clock so even more reason haha x

It was 8 o'clock so even more reason haha x

Haha awwh God
Get yourself to bed kid
Bet your busy in work tomorrow!

Haha awwh God
Get yourself to bed kid
Bet your busy in work tomorrow!

No luckily I have the week off :p that's why I'm on here all the time, you all must be sick of me lol x

I just found a tutorial on btc it says to use conditioner for mids-ends before applying the colour, eeeek can't wait to try it!!

Latest posts

Back