Battle of the Sites to fight Cancer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailsinlondon1

Reaction score
I just thought I post an update so we can all see how the battle is commencing:
Don't forget we are nearly at the end, the 15th is only a few days away...............Next week Wednesday !!!!!!!!

As of the 10th of December here are the totals for each site:
New total update : US Beauty Tech has raised so far $2735.00 thats £ 1,429.73
Our Total so far is : $3,137.30 thats £1640.00

Come on guys , it's nearly over and they are catching up fast !!!!!!

Thanks to all those that have contributed so far and to the ones that havn't managed to get round to doing so, please help us to fight Cancer and to kick some serious Beauty Tech butt xxxx Please !!!!!!!!!!!

Good post Ruthie, Lets see a little ribbon by every geeks name before the 15th of December :wink2:
Lets help the one in 3 women who get breast cancer survive it.

Yea lets see that................ That would be so fab and I would class it as a personal christmas present to me xxxxx I am cheap to buy for.........50 pence will make me happy xxxxx

I bought some raffle tickets using Paypal, the money has left my account but no pink bows show next to my name ??????
I did put a post on 'site assistence' but as yet no replies. Is anyone else having the same problem?

This cause is very dear to my heart as my sister-in-law was diagnosed as having breast cancer at 34 yrs old, 6 years later after having a mastectomy and lymph glands removed she is one of the fortunate ones who is in remission and doesn't have regular check-ups any longer. The reconstructive surgery she had is fabulous.

There can't be one family anywhere who hasn't been affected in one way or another by this disease.
Please buy at least one ticket, not for the chance of a prize but for the chance to be able to help others.
:hug: x

Sandi, I kept getting this problem because I didn't follow right through paypal until I got to the page to print out the details. If you pm Sam he will sort it for you.

Thanks Sarah... Sam pm'd me and I've sent him all the details :wink2:

Ok babe done just got some more thats me tips for today well spent :)

Dawnie xxxxxxxxxxxx

They have passed us now. :(

Oddly they have managed to score almost $400 overnight!

Sam is it at all possible to put their total on the home page as well as ours? That I'm sure will spur us on even more if we can see ourselves getting beat :mad:

They have no way of releasing totals like we do. All we could do is post their last known amount.

Is Liza still doing her workshop place and 121 time for the raffle?

That could push it up a bit more.

how do you buy through paypal? im being slightly stoopid i think but im not sure. is it like going to put money on ur gas card or is that just soooooo not the right thing? i want to buy some tickets but ive not got a printer to print the form off...... can some1 please help me?!?

I received this this afternoon from Doug, thanks for keeping us updated:

Miracle in the Battle of the Nail Web sites
Date:​

11/12/2004​
09:26:21 GMT Standard Time​
Hi Everyone,

I have unbelievable and incredible news! The seemingly impossible has happened! With only
5 day left in the "Battle of the Nail Web Sites"- benefiting the Susan G. Koman Foundation for Breast Cancer Research- a world renowned organization supporting the forefront of cutting-edge breast cancer research.
An incredible total of $ 6419.92 US or 3332 British Pounds has been raised to support this enormously important cause and ... Amazingly

The US has pulled ahead of the UK as is now in the LEAD! Go USA Go!

Beautytech.com (US)- $3240 US or 1681 British Pounds

TheNailGeek.com (UK)- $3179 US or 1650 British Pounds

Master Geekster of the UK Geekdom site, Sam Sweet was stunned as he helplessly watched the Beautytech.com sweep past his sites best efforts to date. But never underestimate the UK Geek squad. They are a fiercely competitive bunch! Sam swears he won't stand for losing and vows to "pull out all the stops". Debbie Doerrlamm of BeautyTech.com is of course absolutely glowing with pride and satisfaction. She confidently serves up the following challenge on her website, "...come on everybody, let's show those Geeks what the "Good 'Ole USA is made OF!"

Right now, anyone could win but the fight against breast cancer has already won, so thanks to all who have participated and a final plea to those of you who haven't. Please send your donations today!

Track the "down to wire finish" by logging on to either: www.beautytech.com/contest or www.thenailgeek.com. (donations are accepted at these sites, as well)

Thanks,

Doug Schoon

Now our total so far is £1685.50 and they have £1681.00..........

Are we gonna let them beat us ?????

Hey - a little unfair that Doug Schoon has offered a one to one to boost sales on the US side, don't you think? I wondered why they were suddenly catching up so fast.

Come on guys, it's the season for giving, so please give .......... I hate losing!!

Sassy Hassy said:
Hey - a little unfair that Doug Schoon has offered a one to one to boost sales on the US side, don't you think? I wondered why they were suddenly catching up so fast.

Come on guys, it's the season for giving, so please give .......... I hate losing!!
Well lol, all is fair in life and cancer I say lol...........
We have had that brill result when Samuel himself, raffled his 1-2-1 on this site......
But are we gonna let us stop us ???? I should say NOT!!!!! so come guys it's nearly all over and we wont get a second chance to whoop their asses !!!!!

Just bumping this back up
Come on everyone only a few days left lets thrash them

Latest posts

Back