Beauty at a garden centre - advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trozzina

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've just been given the chance to open up in a local garden centre - not something I'd planned (I already have premises which I can rent out) but could be a bit of an opportunity and extremely reasonable cost wise.

Has anyone worked within a similar setting? Do you find you get a good cross section of clients? What are popular treatments? Are you only busy at weekends or do people only want to think about their gardens then?

I've been up there a couple of times in the day and it seems predominantly older people poodling around so wondering if they'd be interested in my services. My clients would hopefully follow me anyway but would be nice to gain new ones.

Feeling really torn so if anyone has worked in a sort of 'out of town' environment I'd appreciate hearing how it was for you and if you can make it a real success.

Many thanks!
Kx

I'm not sure this is valid but I know someone who's opened up a Holistic beauty place inside a garden center where I live. From what I hear as weired a setting as it is the clients are loving it and she is doing quite well money wise x hth's

edit: I do believe her popular treatments are massage :0)

Hi All,

I've just been given the chance to open up in a local garden centre - not something I'd planned (I already have premises which I can rent out) but could be a bit of an opportunity and extremely reasonable cost wise.

Has anyone worked within a similar setting? Do you find you get a good cross section of clients? What are popular treatments? Are you only busy at weekends or do people only want to think about their gardens then?

I've been up there a couple of times in the day and it seems predominantly older people poodling around so wondering if they'd be interested in my services. My clients would hopefully follow me anyway but would be nice to gain new ones.

Feeling really torn so if anyone has worked in a sort of 'out of town' environment I'd appreciate hearing how it was for you and if you can make it a real success.

Many thanks!
Kx

There was a salon in a garden centre featured in a hair mag a few months ago. The point of the article was that it was a roaring success. Really busy on weekends. I know it's sexist but the majority of customers were women who didn't want to traipse around a garden centre with their husbands so would go to the salon instead.

Also, the garden centre made a fab, relaxing, natural backdrop to the salon.

Best of luck with it.

Thanks for the feedback; that's really reassuring. I'm looking at contracts etc so could still go either way but good to know others have made it work.

Thanks again!

Make sure you have some great treatments to appeal to the older client! Weekdays garden centres are full of old dears in my experience. So something to cater for them as a short walk in treatment may work well.

Mat

Hi
My local garden centre has a hair salon , separate beauty salon, model shop and chinese restaurant in it!

The hair salon seems to have done so well that it has created a beauty salon aswell. I would never of thought of putting garden centre and beauty together but tbh I know of 3 places that are doing this. One is in an apple orchard with a small selection of units. Its doing really well so it seems to be a combination that works !

However go with what you feel :)

And good luck as it sounds quite exciting.

Lisa

Make sure you have some great treatments to appeal to the older client! Weekdays garden centres are full of old dears in my experience. So something to cater for them as a short walk in treatment may work well.

Mat

You can go right off people on here you know :irked:

I love gardening and visiting Garden Centres, and although I may be mature I am certainly not an 'old dear'!!!!!

I think with good marketing a Beauty Room could be a little gold mine in a busy Garden Centre. Not only do you get a lot of females visiting it for gardening items, if it has a good restaurant you will also get the 'ladies who lunch' in...with all their lovely disposable income ;)

I agree walk in treatments may go down well, but a great treatment would definitely be one of the hybrid polish/gel systems (Shellac/Gelish/Geralarion) speaking as a gardener, having a great colour on my nails that I can't smudge or chip and is good to go at the end of my appointment is a sure fire winner. Follow that up with a neck back & shoulder massage and it could the perfect Gardeners pick me up!!

hehee :)

Great idea on the Shellac/Gelish treatment - and the garden centre is the perfect place to promote this!!

Latest posts

Back