Beauty Changes Lives-Do you think of it that way?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
The following is not about CND but is is about a very important beauty EVENT

Listening to the lovely ladies in this video ... please share the passion. Never mind the brand .. this is what being a real and passionate professional nail technician is all about for me. Is it the same for you? Tell us how you feel.

WOW 2013 | CND

I hope one day I will be as good as these ladies and that the clients I have now after 2 years, will still be with me :) x

I hope one day I will be as good as these ladies and that the clients I have now after 2 years, will still be with me :) x

The fact is that real beauty professionals DO change lives in ways it is hard to believe but when you have that empathetic attitude and that kind and caring ear and the ability to be discreet with other peoples personal revelations and so many more attributes that go along with our side of the beauty business, the trust is huge and people will stay with you for as long as possible. :hug:

The fact is that real beauty professionals DO change lives in ways it is hard to believe but when you have that empathetic attitude and that kind and caring ear and the ability to be discreet with other peoples personal revelations and so many more attributes that go along with our side of the beauty business, the trust is huge and people will stay with you for as long as possible. :hug:
Amen sister! x

I can't play the clip as I have no speakers at work - but yes, it does change lives. I had a client yesterday tell me about a particularly traumatic time in her life. She said 'I can't believe I'm telling you this' - I always try and listen rather than comment - easier said than done, but also I have treated several people who are terminally ill. They have said how much they enjoy getting undressed for something like massage, instead of an examination. I have had to learn coping strategies, but as the direct result of treating a terminally ill 40 year old man, I have persuaded my husband to ease up on working so hard - life's too bloody short!

Hope this bears some remote relevance to Geegs clip!!!

I can relate to that. I have a client who I often think about as she isn't in the best place right now and iv heard some very upsetting stories too, I feel soo privaleged to think that they trust me enough to share these things. I often shed a tear after one particular client leaves, wouldn't want it any other way though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ps. I also love helping ppl feel good about themselves, we all know what its like to have a bad set of brows, nails or hair cut so I wouldn't let anyone leave me feeling unsatisied - LOVE MY JOB!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I know it changes lives. I've seen it happen before my eyes and I'm so greatful to be a part of this industry. One particular client of mine springs to mind..x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I absolutely believe that our industry has a positive impact on people's lives. To give someone a little time for them to concentrate on just themselves, to boost their confidence, to let them rant, cry, laugh, share, that someone feels that safe in my company that they can tell me the most intimate of details of their lives, I feel privileged every single day. Not only that it has utterly changed my life. I fell into it almost by chance and fate has definitely led me to my vocation. To not wake up every day feeling sick that I have to go to work is priceless to me. Getting paid for it almost seems absurd! Lol! :)

What an inspiring group of professionals.

Sometimes I feel that when my ladies come to me and leave with their nails done that is only a small part of the 'treatment'

Most see it as a time to relax - sometimes its the only spare moments they have in their day and once they sit in front of me its like the stress and cares of the day just get lifted off them for a short time. Ok they have to lift the load back up when they leave but I hope it feels lighter for them and I feel privileged that they chose to spend the time with me.

Vicki x

I absolutely believe that our industry has a positive impact on people's lives. To give someone a little time for them to concentrate on just themselves, to boost their confidence, to let them rant, cry, laugh, share, that someone feels that safe in my company that they can tell me the most intimate of details of their lives, I feel privileged every single day. Not only that it has utterly changed my life. I fell into it almost by chance and fate has definitely led me to my vocation. To not wake up every day feeling sick that I have to go to work is priceless to me. Getting paid for it almost seems absurd! Lol! :)

Sam I know exactly how you feel. My last job I had to pull the car over once as I thought I was going to be ill at the thought of spending another day in a toxic work environment. Now my job is amazing. It's not a job it's my lifestyle :)
Vicki x

Great post .. I always felt the same way and still do. Doing nails is a vocation .. at least is is when you do them like we do them ... and without that attitude a person will never make it ...

This is such an empowering post and as someone who is very new to the industry i feel very proud and know that I have absolutely made the right decision. What could be more satisfying than helping others feel good about themselves. :hug:

Great thread. This come at a perfect time for me. I'm mobile so feel very privileged to be welcomed into the homes of my ladies and there families. One in particular has had a terrible time lately with a husband awaiting an organ transplant. She's desperately trying to keep everything together in horrible circumstances and having her nails and toes done is her bit of me time. She has an appointment tomorrow which has been cancelled because her husband is in hospital recovering after his op. I have never been so pleased about a cancelled appointment! x

This is so touching and inspiring. I've had the same clients since I began my journey in nails (has only been 5 years but would love to be like the lady with the 85yr old client :lol:) and through that I've seen their struggles and accomplishments. Through hardship, I felt blessed to be the one they were excited to see for a boost of confidence when their nails were done.
Like many of you I've had clients who were nail biters, but through patience and determination their nails are now beautiful and healthy. They told me they would hide their hands behind their desk at work as they were too embarrassed for people to see their hands, and now they're flaunting them when there's a chance! It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside :)

Wow, I am so pleased I watched that video, how blessed are we.
We have all listened to stories of loss, love, births, engagements, weddings, illness, success all the parts of people's lives that make them who they are, and we get to share it with them.
I haven't looked at that side of my career choice before, but now it has put a smile on my face :)

Latest posts

Back