Beauty Course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marykate4400

Reaction score
I am doing an NVQ in Nail Services - but would like to eventually do beauty treatments and make-up services too.

When I complete it, will my NVQ in nails help me get onto a beauty NVQ at college? Should I do an NVQ in beauty or just loads of mini private courses??

What else can I do to get into it?? :confused:

Any suggestions / comments will be appreciated, thanks x

I'm doing my beauty nvq In a few weeks!! Woop!! I think if you want to do most of it any way I'd just go for the full thing!!
Good luck hope you have fun xxx

I musta missed something when registering for the nail NVQ - what do you mean by full thing?? Does the Beauty NVQ also cover nails?? :Look_left Oh no, if it does I would have much rather go for that! As then it would cover me for beauty AND nails!

when i did my NVQ at college it covered manicures and pedicures as well as the usual stuff, i think the nvq you are doing also covers enhancements (i think) which the beauty one doesnt - where i did it anyway! HTH

Hi,

Your nail course is for nail enhancements so all the ins and outs about nails. The beauty course will only cover manicures and pedicures, and all the other stuff you would like to learn. Your starting your nail course, still with that, get passed for your nails, then if you still want to do beauty, go and do a beauty course. You don't want to have brain over load hunny. Your going to have the learning bug, like a lot of other people have.

My full beauty nvq is covering enhancements!! I'd double check and do the full beauty nvq if you can will save lots of time!!
Xx

Yeah - your advice makes sense, pass my full nail tech NVQ first before doing my beauty one. Right, gotcha and I agree with you! :Look_left

Out of interest, i did check my colleges beauty NVQ and it did just cover basic manicure and pedicure only, not EVERYTHING nails like the course I've enrolled on...wish there was a combined one :sad:, but seeing as there isn't, I think I'll work through my nails NVQ first and then do my beauty.

Thanks peeps. Mucho appreciated! :D

And you're right, I HAVE indeed got the learning bug!!! Can't WAIT til my uniform and kit comes from college, wanna start rooting around and getting to know my tools of the trade! :lick:

My full beauty nvq is covering enhancements!! I'd double check and do the full beauty nvq if you can will save lots of time!!
Xx
Where are you doing yours hun, and great that the syllabus at your college does it all. Good luck!

when i did my NVQ at college it covered manicures and pedicures as well as the usual stuff, i think the nvq you are doing also covers enhancements (i think) which the beauty one doesnt - where i did it anyway! HTH

Yeah - my nails NVQ covers everything nails; manicures, pedicures, anatomy and science, nail enhancements using acrylics, gels and so on and so forth.....the whole shebang! I'm very excited. Even shelling out £155 quid for my kit made me smile! Saving for a book atm....

Yeah - my nails NVQ covers everything nails; manicures, pedicures, anatomy and science, nail enhancements using acrylics, gels and so on and so forth.....the whole shebang! I'm very excited. Even shelling out £155 quid for my kit made me smile! Saving for a book atm....

Sweetie why dont you loan one from the library whilst your saving :) x

Sent from my E10i using SalonGeek

Sweetie why dont you loan one from the library whilst your saving :) x

Sent from my E10i using SalonGeek

Great idea - when I get to college I will have a look in their library and see if they have it. Already looked in my local libraries and they don't have it:cry::|

Latest posts

Back