Beauty insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juice

Reaction score
Hi there

Can anyone advice me which insurance company to go with??

Is ABT a good one??

Thank you

hi there

try professional beauty or the guild

hth

Hi , Im with the AIT which is the irish version of the ABT. I found them great , was put on cover straight away , and their prices were the best out of what i was quoted, plus you get free subscription to a salon mag!!!

im with ABT, low prices and i've had no problems with them definitely recommend and easy to set up

Howdy

I went with Salon Gold which offered a full comprehensive policy at one of the cheapest prices I found.

Hope this helps!

:)

Rich

I went with the Guild but did consider ABT.

To be honest all insurance companies sound "great" until you have the misfortune to actually put in a claim with them, they you can sort out the wheat from the chaff. My own horrible experience with my car policy with Zurich proved that - great prices, crap service. :/

I figured and hope (if the need arises) that the Guild won't let me down as they're a recognised body for the beauty industry. Fingers crossed. :eek:

I too have been wondering about joining ABT. I was also wondering if, as a mobile therapist, I would need to change my car insurance from a personal policy to a business one?
Many thanks for any advice in advance!

Hey LCbeauty,

Yes you will need class 1 business use on your car insurance. I used to write insurance policies for a living (before norwich union shipped the department off to India). If you are found at fault in an accident whilst on business purposes it could turn out the insurers refuse to cover you there for you are liable for any claims and costs involved.

Obviously that's worst case scenario! but sometimes the cover can be free or a minimal cost.

hth, N x

I am insured with ABT, and have found them to be really helpfull, no problems at all hth

I also am with Salon Gold :)

Hey LCbeauty,

Yes you will need class 1 business use on your car insurance. I used to write insurance policies for a living (before norwich union shipped the department off to India). If you are found at fault in an accident whilst on business purposes it could turn out the insurers refuse to cover you there for you are liable for any claims and costs involved.

Obviously that's worst case scenario! but sometimes the cover can be free or a minimal cost.

hth, N x

Thanks, for the advice. Do ABT, Professional Beauty etc. cover motor insurance too or would I just update my current policy which is with Direct Line and then also take out a separate policy for my treatments?
.x.

I was told by my business advisor that you have to notify your existing car insurance co to cover for business use. Your treatments and public liability would be insured separately through whichever beauty policy you decide to take out. :D

Latest posts

Back