Beauty NVQ & Nail NVQ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laylah

Reaction score
please dont shoot me!! i know theres loads of threads on NVQ's but just got a little question i cant find.

im currently doing a beauty therapy NVQ level 2, and will then go on to do Level 3. I know you used to do enhancements in level 3, but since the Nail full NVQ has came out do you still do this in Beauty or do you have to do this seperatly?

i have done my acrylic course with EN, and will be doing my creative next month, but i think i would still like to have a NVQ in nails rather than all product training??
what do you think?

any help / suggestions would be appreciated!!!

thanks x

Hiya
I always thought that the NVQ nail enhancement qualification was separate to that of the Beauty Therapy qualifications?
Is this something that you heard of lately?

hiya,

i thought the nail nvq used to be unit 19 of the beauty therapy nvq?
now they have brought out a full nail NVQ with nothing to do with the Beauty, well this is what i thought anyway? someone please correct me if im wrong?

so, i was wondering, if you do the beauty therapy do you still cover nails, or is it just mani & pedi - thats what im doing now in my level 2, but what about level 3? are extensions still covered?
am i being confusing?!!

or do i do my beauty therapy and take a nail nvq seperatly??

thanks guys

The beauty NVQ is different from the nail NVQ. Some of the nail units are options in the beauty but it will depend on your college if the options are available to you. Manicure and pedicure is def in the beauty and nails

Have a look at HABIA's website where it lists all the units required for both NVQ's (www.habia.org)

I have a list for the Nail Services Level 2 NVQ but i am not sure if it is up to date - its from the EdExcel website:

Mandatory modules:

Provide manicure treatment
Provide pedicure treatment
Extend and maintain nails
Provide nail art service
Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
Ensure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
Promote additional products or services to clients

Then 1 optional module from the following:
Fulfil salon receptionist duties
Improve and maintain facial skin condition
Provide eyelash and eyebrow treatments
Remove hair using waxing techniques
Provide makeup treatment
Plan and promote makeup activities
Pierce ears
Assist with spa treatments

Hope this helps
Rachel x

hiya, thanks alot, ill have a look on the website.
in my beauty, i do alot of them modules anyway:

(Provide manicure treatment
Provide pedicure treatment
Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
Ensure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
Promote additional products or services to clients
Improve and maintain facial skin condition
Provide eyelash and eyebrow treatments
Remove hair using waxing techniques
Provide makeup treatment
Plan and promote makeup activities)

so would it be worth it doing them all again, or can i use the modules ive already done in beauty towards my Nail NVQ??

thanks

I dont see why you cant use the modules you have already done, then just do the extra ones needed for the nail services nvq....

Does anyone know if this is possible?

where abouts on the HABIA website does it list the Nail NVQ units?

i can only find the units for beauty therapy & Hair!!
maybe im just being dumb!!

if i can use my modules from beauty therapy for the nail NVQ that would be good, saves doing them twice!
if this is possible please let me know!
ill have to ask my college tutor about it.

thanks everyone x

Just looked at the HABIA site. Not obvious is it!!!! Go to 'downloads' then misc then scroll down to National Occupational Standards. They are all there.

And, if you have done the relevant unit in beauty it does not have to be done again for the nail NVQ If it is an older version, that will count but will just need to be updated to include any additional requirements.

If you look at the nail Standards, it is possible to gain a full NVQ without having to do any beauty based units (e.g make up etc)

thanks mum!
didnt think to look on downloads!

most of these units will be covered in my beauty therapy (already started this) so i will only have to do 2 - 3 extra units then i will be able to get my nvq in nail services ASWELL - thats great!

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Layla x

Latest posts

Back