Beauty NVQ or CITY & GUILDS?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belle De Jour

Reaction score
Hope someone can help I intend to go back to college in september and im trying to find out the following

Q1: Whats the better beauty qualification an Nvq 2 or a level 2 Diploma with City & Guilds

Q2: I have previous salon experience is it possible to step in at Level 3 or must you have Level 2 first? I already have
some Vtct certs but no full Level 2.

Last edited:
Hi Nikki,

Good for you for getting back to it. Well you sound like you have great experience, you would need to complete your level 2 first. You may find some colleges which will allow you complete your evidence and assessments without needing to attend a full course, if you have accredited courses you may be able to top these up to an NVQ by registering with C&G/VTCT and carrying out the required assignments/exam/assessments.

x

thanks halls of ivy :D

Last edited:
No disrespect here but I found your post very difficult to read with no paragraphs.Consequently I cant read it,please in future remember to paragraph because it really is off putting and you wont get as many read your questions which will mean less feedback.

Sorry x

None taken, I have amended the post sorry if it caused confusion

Hi I was told at college that the diploma is a higher qualification than the nvq.

hth x:D

None taken, I have amended the post sorry if it caused confusion
That's much better thankyou:D.

You have to have completed a level 2 to be able to do a level 3, it cant be just a coupleof units of an NVQ,it must be the whole NVQ or you will onl be accredited the units completed rather than a whole NVQ.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...x5G0Cg&usg=AFQjCNEV2hCHayjMgdAVwsvx4Tv8L0WjtA

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...x5G0Cg&usg=AFQjCNFvT7E0cO-0Y2x72FO1ErSBDYdpoQ

There appears to be a bit of confusion with the qualification level.
City & Guilds Level 2 is not a diploma. It is the equivalent of an NVQ 2.

City & Guilds levels 3 in beauty therapy is considered a diploma (but only in C&G - it is not recognised as tertiary in other places).

In Australia, the C&G Level 3 is equivalent to a certificate 3 which is still base level (ie. beautician). If you intend to travel with your qualification, ditch C&G/NVQ altogether and go for the CIDESCO diploma.

Latest posts

Back