Beauty on the Move?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a few companies that do this and I partake in one of them - the company provides competitions throughout the country which are advertised in the larger exclusive magazines. The competition is for a free cut and blow dry, the clients send their name and contact details to the company offering the competition and then they are sent over to me if the customer is in my area. Some weeks I get two clients some weeks I get four+ clients which is perfect for me as this keeps my junior stylist busy. We retain most of these customers and have sold plenty of retail to them. I'd rather do this and get my name out there than have my junior standing around so it works well with me. The cost was £50 a year - which to be honest I can spend on a round of sandwiches for my girls... They also do this on the beauty side too.

So you do the first treatment for free? And most clients do rebook with you?
Does the company put you name in the advertising?
And What is the companies name?
Sounds better then the other one.

So you do the first treatment for free? And most clients do rebook with you?
Does the company put you name in the advertising?
And What is the companies name?
Sounds better then the other one.

The company is called click connection corporation. www.clickconnectioncorp.co.uk look under "membership" tab for the "hair and beauty group"... all info will be there. I have no problem whatsoever with this company. It purely increases my business for my Junior. .. I'm not sure if this company only works with salons but no harm in asking them if you are mobile. You will also have postcode exclusivity so there will not be 10 other hairdressers in your area competing for the same clients.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes I am really happy with them - they have done everything that they said that they were going to do and more. They provide me with a client booking - and then I keep that client and rebook them myself. Comments re losing £2000 per year are unfair. It would be the case if they were providing me just with bookings - but they don't, they provide me with actual Clients which are then my Clients and I continue to book them throughout the year while The BOM continue to send me a steady stream of new Clients. I looked into the cost of renting a room, but it was MUCH more expensive than the weekly franchise fee that I pay. Yes I have to provide my own products, and I have to provide my own petrol - but if I was doing it alone I would have to do the same, as well as paying a fortune for advertising etc but have no guarantee that it was going to work. I get a guarantee with The BOM. When I put it all down on paper (I did lots of research into this!) it worked out more or less the same. Of course it isn't for everyone, it doesn't happen overnight and it doesn't work if you are not prepared to make it work, but I would look into it properly and make a decision for yourself.

In my eyes I'd still be sceptical. Mel is the only person I have seen a positive feedback out of thousands of people online moaning. Providing champagne in crystal glasses with no minimum spend must eat In to your money.

I have only seen a couple of people moaning (and some people will always moan!) and other therapists that I work with through The BOM seem to be really happy?? As for the champagne in crystal glasses - there is an awful lot more to it than that thankfully, and things such as this are provided as part of your weekly franchise fee.

Mel- Where do they advertise?

When I have searched on google I have to search 'the bom' as beauty on the move comes up with a fair few mobile therapists, same on Facebook.

If they hadn't of text me, I wouldn't have a clue who they were.

Whilst it is great you have repeat bookings, that is not what they guarantee you. They guarantee to provide you with 100 clients in a year... Again, does that specify at what cost per treatment each client will have? Imagine your clients didn't re book, would it still be a good business venture? Just as that isnt part of their side of the contract- they can not agree that will happen.

If it was 200 clients guaranteed then your risk is lowered, at the very least their fees would be covered.

Sometimes the joy of being mobile is that you don't have many overheads, with a franchise you gain a similar overhead to room rental. With less time to fit clients in as you are setting up/travelling.

Which other franchises did you look at before this one?

Xx

Mel- Where do they advertise?

When I have searched on google I have to search 'the bom' as beauty on the move comes up with a fair few mobile therapists, same on Facebook.

If they hadn't of text me, I wouldn't have a clue who they were.

Whilst it is great you have repeat bookings, that is not what they guarantee you. They guarantee to provide you with 100 clients in a year... Again, does that specify at what cost per treatment each client will have? Imagine your clients didn't re book, would it still be a good business venture? Just as that isnt part of their side of the contract- they can not agree that will happen.

If it was 200 clients guaranteed then your risk is lowered, at the very least their fees would be covered.

Sometimes the joy of being mobile is that you don't have many overheads, with a franchise you gain a similar overhead to room rental. With less time to fit clients in as you are setting up/travelling.

Which other franchises did you look at before this one?

Xx

As far as I believe, the bom only advertise in areas where they have a therapist available, so if you didn't find them then its possible that your area is not covered. I'm not 100% to be sure - I leave it to them!

Re the repeat bookings and not being able to guarantee - wouldn't that be exactly the same if I was working in a salon or advertising myself? There is no guarantee of anything where clients are concerned - they get me the clients, its then up to me to retain the client and rebook them, exactly the same as if was working on my own.

I looked at a couple - one of them was salon in a van or something (???) and the other one was one that was based in London (I was looking to move there at the time!)

It says they do have therapists in my area...(BOM) yet I've still not seen any advertisements.

The salon van thing only has barbers, or teeth whitening... In fact I could only sign up for a teeth whitening franchise should I wish too.

But they can renovate a van for beauty use. So not a similar option to the BOM.

I dont see what is hard about seeing the situation has a risk to it... 100 clients guaranteed over 12 months, min treatment fee £20 = £2,000 they ask for around £80 pw x 52 = £4,160.

Or one of the more expensive treatments Facials at £39 x 100 = £3,900 the fee is still £4,160.

Id rather not do 106 facials per year to hand the money over to someone else.

It isn't similar to renting a room as you don't have gas/electric/business rates/music licence/building insurance (which is all added in to your rent) passing trade, you have less hours to earn money due to travelling/setting up, so with a room you are paying for convince, to have all your kit in one place set up & ready to go.

They aren't great at marketing, you work for them & cant say where they advertise. You could market yourself better for a lot less.

Whilst it is fine for you, & suits you Id prefer others to see it from another side which isn't a rose tinted sales pitch.

Xx

I beg to differ re the salon van - it was a mobile beauty therapy business that I looked into - nothing to do with teeth whitening! I had to buy the van and it was kitted out with a table and therapy couch. I also looked into one in London, the name escapes me - but they wanted money up front so I stopped enquiring immediately as I knew that I didn't have the money to do it.

At no point did I say that there was no risk to it - however I did say that if I was renting a room, or working in a salon, there would also be risk, albeit different ones. Working for yourself, irrespective of whether it is in a salon or whether it was mobile - is always going to hold some sort of a risk.

Now rather than being so negative and plucking figures out of the air and picking at my (successfull!) franchise, why don't you do the same figures for the cost of renting out a room, spending the amount of money on advertising that the bom do on my business, getting your business cards printed, getting leaflets printed, getting said leaflets delivered, providing me with loyalty reward cards, providing me with a diary and a booking system 7 days a week, whether I am working or not, providing me with a uniform, providing me with constant and regular training and see where that leads? I bet that you would find that the costs are not too dissimilar - however as I have already pointed out, working in a salon offers ZERO guarantee, but my franchise offers me a really good guarantee which they are to date exceeding.

I also never said that I was not able to advise where they advertise, I know exactly where they advertise - but as I said that I leave that side of things to them, and they seem to be EXTREMELY good at marketing, as I have a good steady stream of clients and they provide me with more than enough.

I have said already Steph - franchises are not for everyone, and I never said they were - and it has nothing to do with a "rose tinted sales pitch". Its to do with my own experience of owning a franchise and working with a company who have provided me with value for money, and given me everything that they have promised.

As I said earlier, I really DO hope you are successful from it. & Im glad to hear it suits you.

Where do they advertise? Im genuinely interested? Ive not seen the lady local to me advertised anywhere other than there map of therapists I had to go to their website looking & that is only to say my area is covered.

In my opinion, being mobile is to cut your overheads. In return you get less time to earn money than if you were in one place lets say renting a room.

The bom gives you a fair sized overhead, but you still have the downside of not being able to fit in as many clients per day. Each to their own.

Any numbers I've calculated have been from your estimations & the boms website pricelist. (Which by the way, If you are still based in Keighley, as your profile says, you might want to ask them to put you on their map of therapists)
I don't want to keep posting back & forth as we don't agree on this subject... & I think you only come on here reply to me, Which must be as boring for you, as it is for me.

Best of luck with your business.

Xx

Last edited:
i had summit similar been offered to me cant remember what it was now an i remember telling them if its so go a guarantee then if you don't make xx amount of pounds they should offer you a refund or so many weeks free i'm sorry we all work hard for our money an hate theses advertising companies think they can take it so easily like were mugs and push overs

Yes the Bom is a franchise.. I have been with them 2 weeks but only had one client. I did go into the head office and do 4 of the girls nails and a massage one day last week.. They have sign written my car and are very nice, but 1 client is not enough to cover he franchise,,, hoping it pics up !!!!!:irked::irked::irked:

Hi I'm 2 weeks into this contract and only had one client,,, are you getting enough clients? I like the company but am worried about the lack of clients !! x

Hi I'm 2 weeks into this contract and only had one client,,, are you getting enough clients? I like the company but am worried about the lack of clients !! x

That's what you get when sign into something like this. Unfortunately there are lots of bad reviews about the franchise online. They make there money from your franchise fee. They don't really mind how many clients you do. 1 or 100. No diff to them.

I do hope it works out for you though.

That's what you get when sign into something like this. Unfortunately there are lots of bad reviews about the franchise online. They make there money from your franchise fee. They don't really mind how many clients you do. 1 or 100. No diff to them.

I do hope it works out for you though.

I have left the bom today.. I have to pay £50 a week but am only getting 1 client a week! With the constant offers and my costs it means I only make about £10 a week. I am having to use the money I make from my own clients to pay the franchise fee !!

I have been waiting since January for my uniform, online diary and for the web site to be updated to show the area I work in,, it was finally done yesterday after numerous phone calls and texts.

I would rather spend the £50 I give them a week on advertising my own business. Please be careful about signing up with the BOM

I have left the bom today.. I have to pay £50 a week but am only getting 1 client a week! With the constant offers and my costs it means I only make about £10 a week. I am having to use the money I make from my own clients to pay the franchise fee !!

I have been waiting since January for my uniform, online diary and for the web site to be updated to show the area I work in,, it was finally done yesterday after numerous phone calls and texts.

I would rather spend the £50 I give them a week on advertising my own business. Please be careful about signing up with the BOM

Thank you for making this very clear. Very informative and helpful. In other words "Avoid"!

Latest posts

Back