Beauty | The Japanese Offer The Snail Trail For Your Face

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
We all remember the hoo-ha about snail goo in face creams but the Japanese have now taken this to a whole new level. Why bother going to the trouble of harvesting the snail's goo and infusing it into a cream when you can just plonk the snails directly on your client's face?

The theory is still the same - the goo gets rid of dead skin, cleans pores and has many therapeutic qualities. Manami Takamura, an employee at Ci:z.Labo beauty salon in Tokyo explains, "Slime from snails helps remove old cells heal the skin after sunburn and moisturise it." The salon has been offering the 'Celebrity Escargot Course' (dress it up how you like, it's still run-of-the-mill snails on your face) which lasts an hour and costs £160 and it's proving popular.

First the face is washed, then the snails are placed on the cheeks and forehead and allowed to wander around at random. This is followed by massages, masks and electrical pulse treatments using creams infused with more snail slime just in case the first lot didn't fully infuse the skin.

One customer said she found it so relaxing she almost fell asleep. "You can feel the snails moving on your face. At first it's surprising but it's actually rather nice. My skin really does feel smooth and moist."

While this treatment is unlikely to race to the top of the treatment list, it may get there at more of a snail's pace. Boom boom.

Watch more here: Japan launches world's first 'snail facial' - YouTube

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-16 at 09.31.30.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-07-16 at 09.31.30.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 694
Snails crawling all over your face followed by a massage.... Who doesn't want that? :lol:

Ooh clients will be lining up for this one!!!

The picture makes it so appealing ha ha

I love the second picture, she looks like she is really enjoying it! Boak! X

To be fair I have tried a snail gel moisturiser and I was really impressed with it. I don't know if I'd enjoy this facial but I can see why it could be beneficial :)

Lol the picture is amazing!

I'm on to a winner here! Going to go on a snail hunt in the garden.! Xx

My back gardens full of giant snails! Im sick of throwing them next door, i
could make a killing,lol

Latest posts

Back