Beauty | We All Need 'A Bit Of Rough'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Jack Dunn, therapist and fellow geek, is recommending that we all need A Bit Of Rough! After years of advising clients to find a great exfoliating cloth to remove old tans, avoid ingrown hairs after waxing and to just generally buff skin beautiful, he realised he couldn't find a cloth that he loved. So, he decided to make his own and A Bit of Rough was born.

The Japanese style wash cloth, A Bit of Rough, may look like many other exfoliating cloths, but the fabric mix has been worked out so that it’s rough enough to remove dry skin or the remains of old spray tans etc, but soft enough not to scratch the skin, leaving it soft and smooth.

A Bit of Rough is a cream exfoliating wash cloth that measures 100cm x 30cm - large enough to get to all those 'hard to reach' places. Once used, rinse it out and leave to dry. Oh, and you can throw it in the washing machine as often as you like. Once ordered, the cloth comes rolled and tied with raffia and presented in a little black organza bag...basically, it's a birthday or Christmas present that comes ready-wrapped!

For therapists and salons Dunn is offering a “Bit of Rough Trade” giving therapists and salons the opportunity to retail these wash cloths for their clients. Trade prices are available on request.

So, get yourself smooth with A Little Bit of Rough!

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• slider-1.jpg
    slider-1.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 630
So I've read the article SalonGeek sent out today about the product We All Need 'A Bit Of Rough'.

I genuinely get excited about things like this as I am always trying to find ways of removing spray tan.

I have searched for some reviews but have been unable to find anything? Has anyone tried it? I'm tempted to do an order and buy one for myself before I buy bulk to sell onto my customers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my bit of rough!! It's the best exfoliate ever!! Thank you so much to Jack for bringing this product to the market.

My clients love it too - it is brilliant for pre tanning and removing old tan as well as for waxing clients.

Where can we enquire about Trade prices and stocking?

Thankyou

Zoe

You literally read my mind, we must have read the article at the same time!

I just went on to enquire about trade prices but the only number I can see is a mobile number.

I have been looking at getting in some exfoliating gloves to retail next to tanning and waxing but these look perfect.

Hopefully someone can enlighten us or even the Geek creator himself?!

You literally read my mind, we must have read the article at the same time!

I just went on to enquire about trade prices but the only number I can see is a mobile number.

I have been looking at getting in some exfoliating gloves to retail next to tanning and waxing but these look perfect.

Hopefully someone can enlighten us or even the Geek creator himself?!
Hi
Thanks for your interest in A bit of rough!
On the website there is an email link that you can use and I can send you the trade price list. I dont offer free samples, but If you order one cloth to try out at the regular price then when you order your wholesale order I will give you two free wash cloths...
Hope that helps.. Jack

I use ABOR and I can't recommend them enough :) Both hubby and I have one and my clients love them too! Don't buy just the one - you'll only buy more anyway ROTFL :) And they make great presents so you could give some at Christmas and wait till they wear out and they'll have to come buy one from you ;) hahaha

NO affiliation to Jack btw - just love my bit of rough ;)

I don't find it better than a cheap pair of exfoliating gloves to be honest. I ordered 2 and got 1 free which was great. I kept one myself and gave the others too 2 clients to see how they got on with it.
They both had the same opinion as me that it was good but no better than the gloves. Although, it does come really nicely packaged which will be good for retail and is good for getting your back.

I found it far superior to gloves etc and it reaches every part of the body very easily.

I recommend it for ingrown hairs but clients and friends have found it excellent for preparing the skin before applying fake tan and for removing fake tan.

Countless clients have ordered direct from the website but when I move into my new salon, I'll be retailing them as there's a good mark up.

I use ABOR and it's great! I also retail them and my wax and tan clients are very pleased with the results. You can reach right round to your back which you can't with gloves. They also come in little black voile bags and I now use my empty one for transporting jewellery in when I go on holiday! Hth x

I have been looking at these for a while. I think I'm going to order a few. I have the trade price list somewhere.

X

Does anyone know if they will be at Olympia? I would like to see them before I purchase one

There only like £8 and you can see them on a bit of rough website. It's very expensive to be at Olympia so I would think there not as I think it's a new small company. Just buy it I have one there good.

I've had mine for 6 months or more and I love it. I bought 2 and received 3. I gave the spare one to my sister. It's the best. Great length to hold in both hands behind your back and move back and forth. Excellent results.
It's a MUST

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

So we are all in favour that these cloths take fake tan off much easier and quicker then using a normal exfoliating hand mitt?

Yes

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back