Becoming over familiar in business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Eternalscot, your TITLED ladies had better not come and meet some of us lot then or they'd all be pissing themselves, as you so eloquently put it!

Oh well said Hun, you tell her babe! "See I'm learning the street talk now!"

I don't mind what people call me as long as it isn't offensive or swearing (doesn't happen often).

It takes a lot to annoy me but then I tend to avoid people / posts that are deliberately antagonistic.

I am actually in hysterics at your responses on here....Fringe next year for you m'lady I think, what a waste of a talent ;)

I love EternalScot's replies, too. Hilarious. Give the girl her own show :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Oh my god babes this thread it getting totally out of hand. Do you chicks know what I mean?

I don't actually use these words often at all but I have no problem with them what so ever.
I find swearing more offensive and i tend not to use that language myself.
It's strange how people think they're so much better than others because they don't use friendly banter. But they can patronise/ look down on/ swear/ insult others. Not very classy 'ladies'!

Laura xx

I also don't feel I attacked anybody personally. I mentioned no names. I didn't say anything aimed at a particular person. So if anyone feels 'attacked' then I do apologise, however that is a very strong word, and just remember, as it's been said many times before, you may not have read a particular post in the same tone as I wrote it.

Laura xx

I hate Hun but I'm guilty of calling people doll but only in affection. I'm an EastEnder and speak like Peggy Mitchell.

It's just an accent and I can mix with princes and paupers. Oh and by the way, I went to Lucie Clayton's Finishing School.

I loathe being called dear btw.

[QUOTE
It's strange how people think they're so much better than others because they don't use friendly banter. But they can patronise/ look down on/ swear/ insult others. Not very classy 'ladies'!QUOTE]
Ah this just put me in mind of a scottish saying that I haven't heard in ages for folk who act like this 'lady muck from stoorie castle' I need to start using this again ;)

[QUOTE
It's strange how people think they're so much better than others because they don't use friendly banter. But they can patronise/ look down on/ swear/ insult others. Not very classy 'ladies'!QUOTE]
Ah this just put me in mind of a scottish saying that I haven't heard in ages for folk who act like this 'lady muck from stoorie castle' I need to start using this again ;)

I like it :)

Laura xx

Haha is he from the Wigan & Leigh area? I don't mind some terms being used from time to time but when it's use in every sentence the person says is over excessive, especially when you have introduced yourself and took the time to be polite.

Clitheroe :)

I don't know what it is but I absolutely detest the "Hun" thing. I cringe every time I hear it or read it. Just me. I don't call my clients anything but their name. I'm not too keen on the darling, love, flower thing either unless I know someone really well and they're older than me, then it's ok. Otherwise I find it patronising.

However I swear like a trooper (at home to myself, in the car on my own when driving calling all the f***ing idiots on the road) and I don't mind hearing swearing as long as its not in a name calling way or aimed at me.

Very little offends me apart from the dreaded "Hun".

To be honest it does not matter what i would be called by anyone in there shop or salon so long as the service was plea-sent. Nowadays a plea-sent, courteous service is long gone for a lot of people out there .It just seems to me its about the money,image and if you bum smells of enough roses! This topic reminds me of what i seen on the tv tonight looking at peoples accents and employing them based on how they talk. I just think its complete nonsense. Whatever happened to ''working class Britain'' where it did not matter what you looked like or what you talked like. It was about the quality and standard of the work you provided. And with that you learnt more skills. Nowadays its dress posh, talk posh ,act posh which is totally daft as they spend more time in the mirror then gaining more skills Like learning the simple's of please and thank you to the customers :cool:.I walk into some shops and the way they speak to me as an ''ordinary customer'' i am surprised they aren't sitting in disciplinary action. It just seems that today all they do is drag them into the work place straight from the dole office onto the general public and give them no training at all! shocking:Scared:

I agree ....but having 20 years in a profession with very important, intelligent people and high earners.."Hi Hun" just wouldn't cut it.....I really have no problem with being called a snob etc...why do people take things so personally...and I can guarentee that " Are you saying now that I'm not intelligent" is going to come at me very quickly...IT'S NOT PERSONAL....we all have different views..that's great... I don't like the teminology and i've stated that..others do and they've stated..it doesn't mean there's a right or wrong.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Your practically contradicting yourself there. You say ,point blank, you do not allow your employees to say any of the words mentioned above........yet you say theres no right or wrong?!?!? Clearly if you do not let your employees say it, you think its wrong???

Your really making it personal by stating that anybody that uses such words, you wouldnt give the time of day wether they were one of the best, which yes makes you sound very pretentious.

To be honest it does not matter what i would be called by anyone in there shop or salon so long as the service was plea-sent. Nowadays a plea-sent, courteous service is long gone for a lot of people out there .It just seems to me its about the money,image and if you bum smells of enough roses! This topic reminds me of what i seen on the tv tonight looking at peoples accents and employing them based on how they talk. I just think its complete nonsense. Whatever happened to ''working class Britain'' where it did not matter what you looked like or what you talked like. It was about the quality and standard of the work you provided. And with that you learnt more skills. Nowadays its dress posh, talk posh ,act posh which is totally daft as they spend more time in the mirror then gaining more skills Like learning the simple's of please and thank you to the customers :cool:.I walk into some shops and the way they speak to me as an ''ordinary customer'' i am surprised they aren't sitting in disciplinary action. It just seems that today all they do is drag them into the work place straight from the dole office onto the general public and give them no training at all! shocking:Scared:

Do you feel better now thats off your chest? 😀

Aslong as the service is good, clean and, as you say, pleasant, whats tge problem. The only time id be ticked off by being called a name as stated is if it was in a aggressive manner, then yes theres a problem lol

Do you feel better now thats off your chest? 😀

Aslong as the service is good, clean and, as you say, pleasant, whats tge problem. The only time id be ticked off by being called a name as stated is if it was in a aggressive manner, then yes theres a problem lol

Oh yes i do i feel much better :Love: yes i agree. If it was in an aggressive manner then yes there would be an issue so long as your customers are happy and your happy that you did your job well that is all that matters really :wink2:

Call me what you like as long as you don't call me later for dinner!

I think I'm going to have to start calling people Hun,babe or doll,just so I call them something.My menopausal brain often causes me to say "oh hi ???... Do come in" Then I have to have a quick look in my appointment book to remind me again.

Your practically contradicting yourself there. You say ,point blank, you do not allow your employees to say any of the words mentioned above........yet you say theres no right or wrong?!?!? Clearly if you do not let your employees say it, you think its wrong???

Your really making it personal by stating that anybody that uses such words, you wouldnt give the time of day wether they were one of the best, which yes makes you sound very pretentious.

You can't do right for doing wrong in here......MY personal opinion is I don't like the words. I do not like my staff calling clients Hun, Babe, Darling etc. End of. If you choose to call your clients by those names good for you, that tells me there is no right or wrong and purely personal preference. I really couldn't care less if you think I'm pretentious or not. However I'd be most upset if my parents spent a lot of money on private education, as you claim, and I used "worser" in a sentance!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Sorry only asking? I just haven't heard anyone who looks brainy talking like this merely an observation!

well since your judging people on their looks why don't you put a picture of yourself on your profile so we can return the favour? Let's see if you look as intelligent and upper class as you claim to be.

As has been said throughout this thread, you mirror how your client is towards you a lot of the time and it really does depend how comfortable you are with the person. There's some people I work with I'd call love and others I just know not to. I don't mind being called any of the words listed as it shows how comfortable the client is with you and is just them being friendly! :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back