Beehives, bumpits, big hair etc

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahpoppy24

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am yet to try these bumpits has anyone else used them, how do you guys do your beehives and big hair. I do good old back combing pushing etc but was wondering if anyone had any magical tips as hair up is not my speciality xxx Does anyone have any secrets to tell us lol xxxx

I've used bumpits, they are easy to use and I like them, I needed plenty of spray as my hair is fine but have lots of it lol but the end result was fab, if I had more hair I could have the boufant hair of Amy Winehouse pmsl :)

hth
Sue xx

the look you want is a backcombed beehive type style? i always backcomb small sections ,and spray against the way it will fall and leave a small section of natural hair to pull over later along the hairline and around the face . i take the backcombed hair(crown area) and lightly smooth the bit that will show and pull it back lightly in almost an upside down pleat , without the roll just underneath the crown and secure,, and then secure the underneath sections and the front sections anywhere i want them to be that looks right and hides any blips grips or bumps, probably starting with the underneath and then wrapping the sides back to secure and disguise(also gives good profile).Dry shine spray is great for any frizzies on thick dry hair , but not on fine flat hair.

I am not a hairdresser that does formal wedding hair , i ( awful to say) just wing it and each hairdo comes out differant but great , it really is a work in progress and i love it , so please take any advise from me with a pinch of salt!

Thanks so much for the replys everyone xxxx

use swarcoff(or however its spelt lol) dust it
just sprinkle a little on hair and backcomb, it is genius xx

use swarcoff(or however its spelt lol) dust it
just sprinkle a little on hair and backcomb, it is genius xx

I absolutely love dust it! We sell it by the bucket load at work, it's great for backcombing.

We love the bumpits too, they make life so much easier. :)

Latest posts

Back