Been in business 2 years but starting to lack confidence

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atlanta

Reaction score
Hi there
I've been doing nails for 2 years now. I trained with Entity to do l and p and Gelish for gel polish.
Originally I did quite a lot of Gelish but found clients didn't comeback for follow up appointments. I would order new colours as people asked but found that it was getting expensive as I may only use that colour once. I started buying progel colours and found I was promoting those more due to having problems with Gelish tio going yellow (doesn't look good when putting on clients nails).
Anyway the long and short of it is how do you get people to come back regularly and also how can I perfect my painting skills. I am getting more critical and doing a lot of course through Sally's I would like to know if anyone offers a basic nail painting course.
Hope I've not rambled and someone can offer help x

Can anyone offer any suggestions ?

Practice makes perfect hun. So just do as much practice as you can.
I also offer Gelish just recently finished my training with Harmony and I am struggling to get clients,it could be simply because people are saving for christmas.
Don't lose hope hun xx

Hi Atlanta I have been doing just nails for nearly 3 years and I think as important as the painting of nails is vital its the experience that will make the client come back. Small inexpensive things that make the difference. They come to relax, be pampered, made to feel special and leave with beautiful nails but make them feel like they've been to see an old friend.
All my clients are different, some want to laugh, some want to unload, some want me to talk but all made to feel like it's their hour!
I take their coat, compliment them on the coat, their hair and make them feel welcome! Make it a decision together about the colour they choose, offer them a tea or coffee and listen and gage if they want to talk or not. Some candles, soft music if there's a silence and a hand massage after their manicure and they feel leaving like I've enjoyed their company (which 99/100 I do)
I feel like I'm the lucky one having a job that let's you be part of someone's life oo and do nails.
I now have a solid clientbase having NEVER done any advertising, all word of mouth. It's hard work but boy it's worth it.....they are loyal clients/friends who spread the word.
I wish you all the best SSxx

Hi SS thanks for the advice. I'm mobile so some of your tips I can't apply. I know it's this time of year and everything goes quiet in the run up to Christmas .December is looking very healthy booking wise. Maybe I'm under charging just been to my local Tesco and seen the prices they charge and I'm £5 cheaper plus I have to go to the client so maybe that's why my clients don't comeback for soak off etc.
thinking of charging the £5 extra but offering a free soak off when rebooking do you think that might help ?
My painting looks ok it's when I take pics and see my work close up that I pick faults in it as around the eponynichuim and the sidewalls I see imperfections x

Do you have any images of your work to upload so we can see if you are being too critical?

Latest posts

Back