Been one bad two weeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jenny2

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have not really been on that much recently as been so poorly. Thank fully i am now on the mend, but have had to make a financial decission and make lots of changes for my business and my health.

I no i have said this before some time ago, but after talks with my hubby i am having to sell alot of my stuff as i am simply not covering my over heads with my nail stuff and faciel stuff. I am going to become purely a waxing specielist as this is were my bread and butter lies and were my heart is.

With the current economy and me being a new business my jessica man and nail ext are just not paying for there selfves. Plus we could really do with the space back and am going to make my room multi functional. It will be a study and a room for me and hubby, not the children, but also i will wax my ladies in there.

I am hopeing that by having a multi functuall room, more our room and going mobile i will not have to cover these huge business rates as it is just ridiculas as ends up me working for nothing and having to cut into our house hold income. Unfortunatly it is very difficult to charge high prices for my treatments as people round here simply will not pay it and often want something for nothing.

This time there is no going back as it is the only way i will survive this credit crunch and will have to sort all my nail stuff to sell in the next few days. Not sure were the best place would be to list my items, as i do not think people are buying at the min. So if u have any ideas on how best to do this that would be great.

Can i just say thank u to everyone who has helped me with my nail issues and so fourth u have all been brill but i need to just concentrate now in this area, at least i can say i gave it a good shot. But my family comes firstxx

Near the end of last year, I sold/auctioned all my Creative Nail Design acrylic and powder products on ebay when I moved over to using Young Nails products. I managed to get about 90-95% of the cost price back too which was quite a surprise. It was no problem selling pots/tubs that were only 40%, 60% or 80% full etc.. Just be honest with the item description.

At the same time I also sold all my no scream cream on ebay which hadn't sold very well in the salon. I sold these with the buy it now option and got the full retail price I was asking in the salon and it only took about 2 weeks to shift them all. I thought about doing this on a permanent basis, but the other no scream cream sellers on ebay started reducing their prices to compete with me just before I nearly finished selling it all.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back