Before & After... continued

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful, we won't hijack the thread, but I can draw objects and copy things, and love other people's art, think its why we love hairdressing, I was told once all good hairdressers can drawer or do art, suppose we have too lol

I had a new client last week and half way through doing her hair she said."your a pencil artist" I can feel it in your fingers...she was a lovely lady and a bit of a fruit d loop lol..

Back on track now xx

Haven't post this one on here neither x

You missed out the bit where you turned this ladies hair green and had to come on here for advice in a blind panic lol

Why does everything Thiago posts turns into snidey remarks? It's getting predictable now and I'm bored of reading it :-/

You missed out the bit where you turned this ladies hair green and had to come on here for advice in a blind panic lol

I don't want to start any rows
But why does he get such a hard time on here? Every time he posts there is criticism or some sort of remarks,
I'm surprised he still posts his work,
I think he produces lovely work & we are all still learning.
I would hate to post my work and get it pulled apart.

Maybe more would post and maybe some others feel like me, it can be quite uncomfortable to read sometimes.

Why does everything Thiago posts turns into snidey remarks? It's getting predictable now and I'm bored of reading it :-/

Maybe he should have a thread of his own? Then he can post all his pics and have all the attention!

We will take it together! Lol

Not sure what you're getting at there (abt his own thread lol)but that sounds a bit childish to me! It's to post pics of your work, and he posts pics the same as everyone else but you can guarantee he'll get slated for something. He's still learning and he gets a lot of stick in my opinion!

Maybe he should have a thread of his own? Then he can post all his pics and have all the attention!

It's not about attention he is good at what he does and yet gets so much stick. I would never criticise someone's work,

I don't want to start any rows
But why does he get such a hard time on here? Every time he posts there is criticism or some sort of remarks,
I'm surprised he still posts his work,
I think he produces lovely work & we are all still learning.
I would hate to post my work and get it pulled apart.

Maybe more would post and maybe some others feel like me, it can be quite uncomfortable to read sometimes.

I'm having a joke with him! Sorry if he took it the wrong way but there was a massive post about this colour and he did turn the ladies hair green!

That's a super idea. Should I do that? Will everyone still comment? If so I will ;)

It's not about attention he is good at what he does and yet gets so much stick. I would never criticise someone's work,

Hear, hear! Makes me uncomfy too, almost bordering on bullying sometimes 😱 anyway back to the thread, and no chance I'm posting anything haha

Although I'm very very passionate about my career I would certainly NOT put clients health and safety or hair at risk because of my passion!

That's a super idea. Should I do that? Will everyone still comment? If so I will ;)

Yip!! And then people who don't want to read/help can avoid!

Although I'm very very passionate about my career I would certainly NOT put clients health and safety or hair at risk because of my passion!

I'm taking that was for me. I would love to know when I put my client or my client hair in risk so I don't do it again right

I'm having a joke with him! Sorry if he took it the wrong way but there was a massive post about this colour and he did turn the ladies hair green!

But it's every time, not just last comment, the fact myself and someone else commented a minute apart about it must mean it makes other people uncomfortable too,
Just because lol is written after doesn't mean it's funny,

Just being honest and pointing out my thoughts

Oh come on we've all made mistakes
His college/teacher is crap and English is his second language!
Give him a break and admit he's got talent

That's me done! Before I get shot!!

I'm taking that was for me. I would love to know when I put my client or my client hair in risk so I don't do it again right

Have I or have I not praised you where praise is due? Have I not told you that if you continue to learn to walk before you will run then you will do well? Yes I have given you negative critique, as you do others and as I received when I was in your situation.
However re posting things we have already seen, several times over. And missing out vital bits of information..like the green thing or the colour being too light thing, is in my opinion a little bit naughty me duck.
I think you should start your own thread, perhaps as a trainee before and after, but sometimes you shouldn't ask for opinions, as you often do, if you are not prepared to listen to what people say. You can't cry the "I'm just learning" thing when you are out there charging for what you do.
Your clients are happy, you are happy, you do not need me or anyone else to validate you if your confident in your ability x

I don't really mind saying as I'm still a student and I'm not that bad really
I'm just getting a bit pissed about blue saying that I put clients on risk and that I'm dangerous tired of other geeks sending me messaging saying he Talks about me on Facebook blah blah. I don't feel at all I put my clients on any type of risk. I never put 16% bleach. On my clients scalp. I don't mix loreal and wella. And those things so to me I don't really do that. I'd love to knowi when I have put clients in risk so I don't do again thanks

Lol, I agree that sometimes thiago does get stick and people are not all that supportive (at times) but he does get a lot of praise too! I do, I'm fair and stick by the rule if you don't have anything nice to say then say nothing.

I think as he is learning and we have said, our wording sometimes needs thinking about but constructive criticism will only help in everyone's career.

It's like if I post something and everyone said amazing, good work, brill, but everyone saw one thing that they may have done to avoid it being either a tad this or that, but no one told me, I'd be none the wiser thinking I'm amazing and wondering where all my customers are going!?

But tbf to our thiago, we wouldn't change you for the world, your doing great work and take constructive criticism well and when someone's having a dig he can stand on his own two feet.

But before this one gets shut down, back to praising and being professional? Agree?

Have I or have I not praised you where praise is due? Have I not told you that if you continue to learn to walk before you will run then you will do well? Yes I have given you negative critique, as you do others and as I received when I was in your situation.
However re posting things we have already seen, several times over. And missing out vital bits of information..like the green thing or the colour being too light thing, is in my opinion a little bit naughty me duck.
I think you should start your own thread, perhaps as a trainee before and after, but sometimes you shouldn't ask for opinions, as you often do, if you are not prepared to listen to what people say. You can't cry the "I'm just learning" thing when you are out there charging for what you do.
Your clients are happy, you are happy, you do not need me or anyone else to validate you if your confident in your ability x

I didn't.
Say anything. But u and blue always pick on me but him have helped me a lot so have you. And that pic I posted on the other post so I didn't know I should. Have write on I used a ash toner 9/1 and the hair went dark/green next time I will do that lol but ur right u have help a lot, like other geeks have so I'm very thankful. I have learnt so much on here wow. A lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back