Before and after - hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are these 0.5g?if they are stick tips check the bonds aren't soggy/moist xthis causes shedding but leaves bond intact x

My very first set of micro rings
IMG_20130323_091426_zps6d17bd90.jpg

IMG_20130323_175619_zpsfb1af847.jpg

IMG_20130323_202327_zpsfa887b67.jpg
IMG_20130323_175653_zps47b7ee78.jpg

She came back for the 4 week maintenance and ALOT had slipped and she had alot of matting .. So i took them out and reput them in for free after untangling all her hair.. I dunno what i did wrong for her to lose SO many.. She followed aftercare but washes her hair EVERYDAY.. Could that be it?
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SalonGeek

She came back for the 4 week maintenance and ALOT had slipped and she had alot of matting .. So i took them out and reput them in for free after untangling all her hair.. I dunno what i did wrong for her to lose SO many.. She followed aftercare but washes her hair EVERYDAY.. Could that be it?

That's the problem there! You shouldn't wash hair everyday with extensions in! X

Are these 0.5g?if they are stick tips check the bonds aren't soggy/moist xthis causes shedding but leaves bond intact x

No its 0.8g.. I really am gutted coz supplier is blaming client and myself without even seeing the extensions.

Saying client brushes them wrongly or I either fitted them wrongly or cut too much glue off the bond.. Even though I only cut a tiny amount off to make them a bit smaller when fitted :( xx

I done micro rings on Thursday and she's had 2 come out already :-( x

That's the problem there! You shouldn't wash hair everyday with extensions in! X

If you've advised the client to wash the hair 2-3 times a week and she isn't following aftercare then why are you doing it for free? Matting at roots is because she is not taking care of her extensions and using a extensions friendly hair brush, separating the rings and generally not looking after them.

I have to say tho slippage isn't caused by water its normally because you've not taken enough hair through the section - or excessive pulling but then you'd see hair breakage.

Russian Pre-Bonds

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 591

Her hair looks quite fine, maybe she would have been better suited to another method, micro rings tend to slip on fine hair. Also did you ensure her last wash prior to fitting that she washed with clarifying shampoo and no conditioner, I find this helps xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

If you've advised the client to wash the hair 2-3 times a week and she isn't following aftercare then why are you doing it for free? Matting at roots is because she is not taking care of her extensions and using a extensions friendly hair brush, separating the rings and generally not looking after them.

I have to say tho slippage isn't caused by water its normally because you've not taken enough hair through the section - or excessive pulling but then you'd see hair breakage.

I am doing it for free because she is my first paying extension customer.. Ive been a hairstylist for a long time and do lots of colouring but never did micro ring extensiins before on a real person so i feel like maybe its my fault like you said too small sections perhaps? There no breakage so not from pulling and i dis take small sections as i was afraid that it would pull her hair too much if its too big .. She said she is very sensitive :S ill try bigger sections and make sure she doesnt wash everyday!! Thx alot :):) but does the job itself looks nice? Too much hair ? Not enough? Any feedback? Thxxxx

Before and after a 1/4 head balmain fill ins, just to thicken the front lengths. 13 bonds on each side x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367094041.603364.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367094041.603364.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 636
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367094077.817679.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367094077.817679.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 695
Her hair looks quite fine, maybe she would have been better suited to another method, micro rings tend to slip on fine hair. Also did you ensure her last wash prior to fitting that she washed with clarifying shampoo and no conditioner, I find this helps xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I tend to disagree I have and still fit micro-rings on finer hair, as long as sections are not to fine so there isn't gals between the ring and the stick tip your customer shouldn't lose any rings or very little. I have also done many a re-position and fitting on customers who have washed their hair with job blogs shampoo and again there are no issues. I think a lot of the advice is pre-caution and to cover ourselves but if the rings are installed properly and the customer is following the basic aftercare then no issues should arise. Just my experience and opinion tho.

I am doing it for free because she is my first paying extension customer.. Ive been a hairstylist for a long time and do lots of colouring but never did micro ring extensiins before on a real person so i feel like maybe its my fault like you said too small sections perhaps? There no breakage so not from pulling and i dis take small sections as i was afraid that it would pull her hair too much if its too big .. She said she is very sensitive :S ill try bigger sections and make sure she doesnt wash everyday!! Thx alot :):) but does the job itself looks nice? Too much hair ? Not enough? Any feedback? Thxxxx

See that's where I find the problem is - you should be doing models to iron out issues and just get them to pay for the hair (and keep it to friends, family) I'd say the slippage so soon is probs frm the sections being too small - this should have been covered in your training. Ensure sections are neat, balance and no dragging, cross sections, trapped little hairs, pulling. Ensure rings are too close to scalp either, rings are flat, stick tip is hidden inside the ring. See how you go. X

Was you aiming just for length, volume? Really its what your consultation with the customer is the answer to weather you used enough hair. I'd say 100g is typically 1/2 head to add volume and some length and 150-200g to give a full head with thick looking length and volume. I use my large digital portfolio to show clients similar before styles and after and the amount used and see what they like. Also budget comes in to it and I have turned people away because what they want is unrealistic to achieve given their budget. I'd rather do a job well done and be 100% happy with my work which clients are advertising then out in too little bonds because the customer doesn't have or want to pay the money I'd always say lead your client after discussing what they want (does come with experience) that's why it's good to do a range of models otherwise you will be making mistakes on paying customers and getting lots of come backs. If your unsure then easy way is to basically charge everyone based on a full head, order that amount, fit what you need and then tell them the rest is for their maintenance, rotation, fill in and label it and keep it with their consultation card. That way you never have too little hair. Hope thisi advice helps

Last edited:
I was told 7 packs of 20 strands would be enough for a full head but I don't think it is x

I was told 7 packs of 20 strands would be enough for a full head but I don't think it is x

i use anything between 8-10 packs for a full head normally, but if the hair is very fine sometimes less however i wouldn't do micro rings in very fine hair as they would be too hard for the client to hide if pulling hair into a ponytail etc. its all trial and error initially you'll find what suits you once you've done a few more heads don't worry, but would definately get friend and family models xxx

i use anything between 8-10 packs for a full head normally, but if the hair is very fine sometimes less however i wouldn't do micro rings in very fine hair as they would be too hard for the client to hide if pulling hair into a ponytail etc. its all trial and error initially you'll find what suits you once you've done a few more heads don't worry, but would definately get friend and family models xxx

I have micro rings in and I can't tie my hair up at all cos the rings show :-( I have set my prices for 7 packs of hair but done a price for a thicker full head x

this lady is on her 3rd set of extensions. At first fitting her hair was pretty short and very broken/damaged. fast forward around 8 months and 2 sets of pre bonded later and you have the 1st photo here, taken after removal of 2nd set and cut. She is over the moon at the improvement, just wish I had a photo from before the 1st set! 2nd photo is after 180 pre bonded 0.8g #2,4 and #33 hilites

601752_579982858692243_194080985_n.jpg

Before and after a 1/4 head balmain fill ins, just to thicken the front lengths. 13 bonds on each side x

Im sure balmain put this on their page today? Well done :) I love balmain. do you rebond the extra hair when adding thickness? x

*adding thickness to short hair

Im sure balmain put this on their page today? Well done :) I love balmain. do you rebond the extra hair when adding thickness? x

*adding thickness to short hair

Yes Balmain did indeed :D I used 25cm so only cut off an inch or so. I dont usually re-bond though as it's so time consuming! xx

Yes Balmain did indeed :D I used 25cm so only cut off an inch or so. I dont usually re-bond though as it's so time consuming! xx

Ohhh of course, they dont stock the shorter lengths at my warehouse never thought I can just order them in. Yes it really is!
I did two of my friends hair using 45cm and rebonded. took ages but only used one pack on each! Was good practise (Their hair was mega fine) x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367161252.722040.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367161252.722040.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 1,065
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367161268.215865.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367161268.215865.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 977
Ohhh of course, they dont stock the shorter lengths at my warehouse never thought I can just order them in. Yes it really is!
I did two of my friends hair using 45cm and rebonded. took ages but only used one pack on each! Was good practise (Their hair was mega fine) x

They both look great! So natural :)

My wholesalers stock a very limited too ... I just always order direct from Balmain now. xx

Latest posts

Back