Before and after - hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand you are trying to give constructive criticism, it hurt my feelings though because it really does look great in real life and she was so happy with it. the other woman i did was also about 100 strands, maybe a little more and was a correction of a horrible micro ring job another woman did. the hair was too light and she only had it in a week and had lost 50 strands. i took out another 25 when she came to me for help that were slipping and ordered her hair in U-tip. she absolutely loves the ones i fit and after 5 weeks it still looks and feels amazing. i did trim the ends of hers and again at the maintenance day. she lost 3 and i removed 2 that were slipping and refit fresh ones in.

i was trained by belle and only a couple of months ago. the black hair was my first head and the blonde my second. the blonde told me she would never go anywhere else and she should have just come to me in the first place but the other girl was cheaper. she paid for it too =/

i have my little in home salon all set up now and have started a board with the poor quality extensions, fresh never used extensions and the ones i removed at 5 weeks just to show people how the hair behaves as it gets older. i couldnt be happier with the glamorous lengths russia range and i have had experiences with awful hair in the past so im hesitant to change brands. =(

most hair looks amazing when its first done, the problems surface after the first or second wash ive found.

xx

You really ought not to take it to heart a we all post pics on here and expect constructive criticism, it's what it's for.

We are only saying what we see.

Belle recommend Glamorous Lengths as it's the same company run by the same people. There are much better suppliers out there in the same price bracket that don't hide the origin of their hair. (I'm also Belle trained and hated their hair so went elsewhere).

Everyone has their own favourite suppliers, so that's entirely up to you.

All we were trying to do was give you some pointers - as a new tech it can be hard especially when you have no one to turn to for advice (as Belle never answer queries for advice after the course).

its really scary to take the plunge and order hair from a place i know nothing about and possibly waste money on crap hair. i was terrified of glamorous lengths because i didnt know anything about it. it is pretty good hair though. better than anything ive seen.

if there is a better, price comparable, able to ship royal mail supplier out there, or even a local supplier (norfolk) i would love to know about them!

i looked into angel remy and their prices seem to be pretty low, and that is also terrifying. but you ladies seem to think its good so im not sure? are there any pictures of angel remy 4, 8, 12 or even 16 weeks old?

its really scary to take the plunge and order hair from a place i know nothing about and possibly waste money on crap hair. i was terrified of glamorous lengths because i didnt know anything about it. it is pretty good hair though. better than anything ive seen.

if there is a better, price comparable, able to ship royal mail supplier out there, or even a local supplier (norfolk) i would love to know about them!

i looked into angel remy and their prices seem to be pretty low, and that is also terrifying. but you ladies seem to think its good so im not sure? are there any pictures of angel remy 4, 8, 12 or even 16 weeks old?

Glamorous lengths are terrible.. It's a rip off..
Angel remy after 8 weeks -
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400625773.912196.jpg
Angel remy after 5 weeks -
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400625835.623930.jpg
Angel remy after 6 weeks -
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400625978.853383.jpg
Removed angel remy after 12 weeks (after being retipped) -
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400626162.552835.jpg

Even my mega budget range belong hair held up better than glamorous lengths. This is 120 bonds after 5 months! She went for the very cheap option to see if she could cope with caring for extensions as it was her first time. This hair was only about £50-60 20" pre bonds
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400627001.745924.jpg
I did an angel remy maintenance yesterday after 4 months and the hair is the best I've seen but stupid me forgot to take a picture doh!

Sent from the catphone

I've just removed some euphoria 5a hair, just about to re-tip for it's second fitting as it's still in really good condition ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400627427.002628.jpg

I've not personally used Angel Remy but I know many techs personally, and they get usually a minimum of 2 fittings.

thank you so much for those pictures! thats exactly what i wanted to see =)

thank you so much for those pictures! thats exactly what i wanted to see =)

Good luck hun and I'm pleased you haven't taken the constructive criticism to heart :) x

Sent from the catphone

200 x #4 Angel Remy pre bonds.

Attachments

• 10174967_402338216574250_7149107383876594282_n (1).jpg
    10174967_402338216574250_7149107383876594282_n (1).jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 255
Some more SJK tape, 2 packs used in #4 x

Attachments

• CYMERA_20140521_120343.jpg
    CYMERA_20140521_120343.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 237
  • IMAG0101.jpg
    IMAG0101.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 241
Some more SJK tape, 2 packs used in #4 x

I think I need to get you to do tapes for me!! These are so gorgeous ! Xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400764094.631747.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400764105.510978.jpg

Only 1/2 head used for both these ladies.. Thickness added with a tiny bit of length
X

when you ladies do a half head do you leave a space between rows or not? do you just concentrate them at the back and do a couple rows on the sides?

i was taught to leave a space of hair between rows but doing that you cant fit 200 strands unless you make your sections SUPER tiny and i was under the impression that you want to take sections the same density as the strand you are fitting.

i bought a Balmain training book and it has a lot of useful tips and placement ideas and i love it! but i still dont really get it lol i think im a hands on/auditory learner and just seeing this in a book gives me more questions than answers sometimes haha

Has anyone done tape ombre/dip dye effect ? I have a lady wanting tape (first ones trying out) she knows I'm still new any learning, but asked if I could do ombre. Not sure if it is ombre though as she wants red at the ends ??

Looked at prices and are relatively costly compared to regular tape ins. I was jw if I could create the effect with just a buying the red colour tape hair ?? Any help appreciated thanks x

when you ladies do a half head do you leave a space between rows or not? do you just concentrate them at the back and do a couple rows on the sides?

i was taught to leave a space of hair between rows but doing that you cant fit 200 strands unless you make your sections SUPER tiny and i was under the impression that you want to take sections the same density as the strand you are fitting.

i bought a Balmain training book and it has a lot of useful tips and placement ideas and i love it! but i still dont really get it lol i think im a hands on/auditory learner and just seeing this in a book gives me more questions than answers sometimes haha

I normally concentrate on lower sections around the back and scatter a few nearer to the top.
The sides I do near enough as I normally would for 3/4 head - full head as that's where their normally finest and needed thickening
X

I also trained with belle first time around! I found them really crap to be honest!the kits and hair were awful! I personally think it's the hair that's letting you down! Defo try a different supplier there are lots if good ones out there similar prices to GL and way better quality! Try angel Remy or hairxtensions.com both tried and tested I use both for different colours! Hope this helps! 😃😃ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400798128.017264.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400798200.133819.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400798260.367815.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400798174.716003.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400798174.716003.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 287
I don't do hair, but love looking at all your gorgeous extensions!! You all do a brilliant job!! X 💇👍x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

wow those are beautiful! i just opened my trade account with angel remy and just got their color ring in the mail today! it feels so nice and the colors are great!

i went around mildenhall today dropping little stacks of cards at the hair salons and nail places hopefully i can get some clients in!

thanks ladies for giving me the guidance i need =)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400870249.395572.jpgangel remy micro rings

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400882916.775950.jpg 150 pieces 18" beautyworks celebrity choice

Latest posts

Back