Before and after - hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tend to disagree I have and still fit micro-rings on finer hair, as long as sections are not to fine so there isn't gals between the ring and the stick tip your customer shouldn't lose any rings or very little. I have also done many a re-position and fitting on customers who have washed their hair with job blogs shampoo and again there are no issues. I think a lot of the advice is pre-caution and to cover ourselves but if the rings are installed properly and the customer is following the basic aftercare then no issues should arise. Just my experience and opinion tho.

Sorry I don't agree that preparation isn't necessary, if a client is using a silicone based shampoo and conditioner and a coating has built up on the hair I do find it can cause slippage, so preparation is key to ensure there are no problems later as we are all aware clients don't always tell us the full truth about all they do with their hair!

I do however agree that sectioning is paramount and the amount of hair used is important. I don't think micro-rings suit extremely fine hair, not only because I think cold fusion or pre bonded methods suit baby fine hair better but I think traditional micro-rings are harder to disguise if the client wants to wear their hair up.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

They both look great! So natural :)

My wholesalers stock a very limited too ... I just always order direct from Balmain now. xx

thankyou :) I just found put that I can so will be doing the same. i assumed being mobile I wouldn't be able to x

Sorry I don't agree that preparation isn't necessary, if a client is using a silicone based shampoo and conditioner and a coating has built up on the hair I do find it can cause slippage, so preparation is key to ensure there are no problems later as we are all aware clients don't always tell us the full truth about all they do with their hair!

I do however agree that sectioning is paramount and the amount of hair used is important. I don't think micro-rings suit extremely fine hair, not only because I think cold fusion or pre bonded methods suit baby fine hair better but I think traditional micro-rings are harder to disguise if the client wants to wear their hair up.

When I am mobile clients will wash there hair with whatever shampoo they have and let's be honest most have silicone in them, also any client who has been using supermarket brand and supermaket sold shampoos and prodcuts has orobably a fair amount of build up which one shampoo with a clarfitying shampoo isnt really going to remove. again just my experience and opnion.

I've even had clients use conditioner on their hair before a set and again I've never had a problem. I do advise what to use but you can never every be certain they are unless they buy from you or you supply. I agree about very fine hair, however the post mentioned fine hair, I work with TantrumLocks and they are suitable for very fine hair, they are tiny. I actually feel these are better than bonds for coverage. When rings show its one of two things, the extensions have not been applied correctly, pulled back, up etc to allow and check for coverage or its simply the wrong technique for the customer.

Same as bonds, I have a client who even tho advised not to use conditioner or treatment on her roots/bonds told me she had done a treatment weekly while wearing my fusion bonds weekly and applying conditioner for 4 months and never lost one bond.

I did tell her she shouldn't be and if she suffered bond loss it would be her fault but she never did so why should she stop now. Honestly I wear both and I have always used conditioner on my mig lengths and treatments and brushed through with my tangle teaser on to roots and not had any problems with loss, slippage etc. not saying I recommend this but for me proof is in the pudding and so while my aftercare advising everything dos and donts I feel its just to cover myself.

u3y2yje5.jpg
One pack of hair planet weft made into stick tips :) unstyled x

This is the same lady I put a picture up of before, this is it curled. She had 6 come out in 4 days! So I tightened them all up. None had slipped or anything tho x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367244220.923232.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367244220.923232.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 679
When I am mobile clients will wash there hair with whatever shampoo they have and let's be honest most have silicone in them, also any client who has been using supermarket brand and supermaket sold shampoos and prodcuts has orobably a fair amount of build up which one shampoo with a clarfitying shampoo isnt really going to remove. again just my experience and opnion.

I've even had clients use conditioner on their hair before a set and again I've never had a problem. I do advise what to use but you can never every be certain they are unless they buy from you or you supply. I agree about very fine hair, however the post mentioned fine hair, I work with TantrumLocks and they are suitable for very fine hair, they are tiny. I actually feel these are better than bonds for coverage. When rings show its one of two things, the extensions have not been applied correctly, pulled back, up etc to allow and check for coverage or its simply the wrong technique for the customer.

Same as bonds, I have a client who even tho advised not to use conditioner or treatment on her roots/bonds told me she had done a treatment weekly while wearing my fusion bonds weekly and applying conditioner for 4 months and never lost one bond.

I did tell her she shouldn't be and if she suffered bond loss it would be her fault but she never did so why should she stop now. Honestly I wear both and I have always used conditioner on my mig lengths and treatments and brushed through with my tangle teaser on to roots and not had any problems with loss, slippage etc. not saying I recommend this but for me proof is in the pudding and so while my aftercare advising everything dos and donts I feel its just to cover myself.

Is Tantrum locks similar to the Easilocks system then as in smaller rings? And how do you find the cost of hair comparable to say Easilocks or Great Lengths if you don't mind me asking?

Is Tantrum locks similar to the Easilocks system then as in smaller rings? And how do you find the cost of hair comparable to say Easilocks or Great Lengths if you don't mind me asking?

Same system about 200 cheaper than easilocks. I don't actually like easilock hair tho so switched to tantrum. Is expensive and up there with great lengths. Very time consuming and diddly but gives great results and is for high end customers.

Same system about 200 cheaper than easilocks. I don't actually like easilock hair tho so switched to tantrum. Is expensive and up there with great lengths. Very time consuming and diddly but gives great results and is for high end customers.
What is tantrum hair like? Is it the same as Easilocks? Might try them if they're cheaper lol x

Sorry for all the questions but do you have to train with them to buy their hair?

I wanted to know this too I emailed tantrum locks but no reply yet x

I so want to do an extension course I love those pictures

16 inch Pre bonded

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367261614.144648.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367261614.144648.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 3,519

Could you pm me more info on tantrum please? Your hair is fab and would be interested in that xx

Does anyone know if you can get a free sample from hairxtensions.com? X

Latest posts

Back