Before and after - hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh god Jo was they on about your work and Locks of loves work?

Apparently so.

Well the 200 Krystal Quarts was actually fitted in ME by jojemac, I WANTED it like that, and to be honest I really really like my hair. No she didn't 'piss me off' I wanted a U shape at the bottom I don't like my hair to be poker straight at the bottom it looks odd when all the hair is bought forward. I wanted to cut like that. End of story.

And mine the U shape blonde which apparently beautiful colour but way too much hair and the god awful U shape. Oh dear. To be honest with you I ask how my clients would like their extensions cut at the back. I can only follow their wishes. So what someone doesn't want a poker straight cut at the bottom with long hair I think it needs a shape at the bottom and that cut was at the clients request.

I think next time you make remarks on other people's work I think rather then making snide remarks how about you put it across more friendly and some constructive feedback wouldn't hurt.

If you can't say anything decent don't bother. Because it sure doesn't interest me. I actually giggled.

Love, peace, respect and all that jazz <3 xx

Apparently so.

Well the 200 Krystal Quarts was actually fitted in ME by jojemac, I WANTED it like that, and to be honest I really really like my hair. No she didn't 'piss me off' I wanted a U shape at the bottom I don't like my hair to be poker straight at the bottom it looks odd when all the hair is bought forward. I wanted to cut like that. End of story.

And mine the U shape blonde which apparently beautiful colour but way too much hair and the god awful U shape. Oh dear. To be honest with you I ask how my clients would like their extensions cut at the back. I can only follow their wishes. So what someone doesn't want a poker straight cut at the bottom with long hair I think it needs a shape at the bottom and that cut was at the clients request.

I think next time you make remarks on other people's work I think rather then making snide remarks how about you put it across more friendly and some constructive feedback wouldn't hurt.

If you can't say anything decent don't bother. Because it sure doesn't interest me. I actually giggled.

Love, peace, respect and all that jazz <3 xx

Good response Hun :)

I'm so sorry to sound harsh but iv only looked at the last page and every picture looks horrendous. I haven't seen the attachments. The first picture is vile obviously fake ratty ends and a clear line where the color doesn't match. The second picture the blonde color is beautiful but way too much hair and I don't get the way it's falling in a curve she looks ridiculous. Brown haired one 200 crystal quartz she looks like a nutter did she piss u off again a semi circle at the back of her head that is so bizarre and more hair than chewbacka god help the poor girl looking after that it looks a mess after a hairdressers styled it and the front isn't much better. The side fringe isn't blended in and there's not enough hair at the front cause it looks like you ran out throwing 8 bags in the back complete mess poor girl. Know shoot me this is only my opinion maybe these woman asked for a half moon on there head and to look ridiculous so well done if that's the case you all achieved it. I'm so sorry and I am not out to upset anyone this is only my opinion and if we all thought the same the world would be very boring.

You are the nastiest person ever, you could of said it nicely, if you are genuinely not trying to upset people you would of said this in a nicer manner. Sorry to say but you sound like a disgusting person, everyone likes there hair differently and you're a hairdresser you should know that you follow your clients requests not the way you want their hair to be, infact I think their work is great. All we can do is advise our clients and give recommendations, if a client wants 200 strands and is demanding it we can't just tell them there is 200 when really there is 150 in their head. Hair extensions are pricey that is why we have to do what our clients want to achieve.
I've reported you by the way :)

I'm so sorry to sound harsh but iv only looked at the last page and every picture looks horrendous. I haven't seen the attachments. The first picture is vile obviously fake ratty ends and a clear line where the color doesn't match. The second picture the blonde color is beautiful but way too much hair and I don't get the way it's falling in a curve she looks ridiculous. Brown haired one 200 crystal quartz she looks like a nutter did she piss u off again a semi circle at the back of her head that is so bizarre and more hair than chewbacka god help the poor girl looking after that it looks a mess after a hairdressers styled it and the front isn't much better. The side fringe isn't blended in and there's not enough hair at the front cause it looks like you ran out throwing 8 bags in the back complete mess poor girl. Know shoot me this is only my opinion maybe these woman asked for a half moon on there head and to look ridiculous so well done if that's the case you all achieved it. I'm so sorry and I am not out to upset anyone this is only my opinion and if we all thought the same the world would be very boring.

I think we could really apply this rule here

5. Thou shalt post constructively

Make your content have a positive point. Posting just to complain without an effort to turn something positive ........

What a rude horrible individual! Having looked at his other posts seems to be something that happens a lot. With so much to say perhaps he should upload some of his faultless work for us to give Constructive feedback

What a rude horrible individual! Having looked at his other posts seems to be something that happens a lot. With so much to say perhaps he should upload some of his faultless work for us to give Constructive feedback

Can we just ignore these rude comments and let's all abide by the rules.

Rise above, people, rise above!

Some real inspirational work here.

I had a girl in the other day and only needed to use 103 bonds as she had a teeny head and fine hair naturally! The. She wanted me to really thin it. I find recently clients want a super natural look, not a big bulk at the bottom as one of the girls mentioned earlier. I actually took my thinning scissors to the bottom of her extensions to take away that heaven line and it looked so natural, I'm glad I did it. Even as a qualified hairdresser, I am tentative about cutting extensions!

I actually ordered 200 bonds for her, just in case, I always do this, but can't believe how wrong I guessed it! Does anyone else do this? Better to have too much hair than not enough!

I had a girl in the other day and only needed to use 103 bonds as she had a teeny head and fine hair naturally! The. She wanted me to really thin it. I find recently clients want a super natural look, not a big bulk at the bottom as one of the girls mentioned earlier. I actually took my thinning scissors to the bottom of her extensions to take away that heaven line and it looked so natural, I'm glad I did it. Even as a qualified hairdresser, I am tentative about cutting extensions!

I actually ordered 200 bonds for her, just in case, I always do this, but can't believe how wrong I guessed it! Does anyone else do this? Better to have too much hair than not enough!

I always order 200 unless they want a 3/4 head then I order 150 (for thin hair ect) I ask what look they are wanting (straight U or a V) and also whether they want it a little thinner on the ends. Sometimes if blunt at the bottom when pulled forward can look very unnatural (in my eyes anyway) :)

I prefer to order too much then too little :) any left over is there for maintenance and top ups xx

I do this and charge for 200 for a full head and fit whatever I see fit.. Any leftover is used in my maintenance appt :) I don't give clients amounts as I feel as I'm the pro I make the judgement.. I know a client that said her friend has 200 fitted so she wanted 200 fitted .. I could only fit 160 in her hair and explained if I put any more it would be overloaded and either her friend had a bigger head than her, smaller weights were fitted or simply the extensionist didn't tell them all hair wasn't fitted .. I give advice and if a client asks then obv I explain I order 200 and use what I need etc ..

I also see extensionists posting
200 bonds £x amount
150 bonds £x amount
100 bonds £x amount

Unless you've seen the client how can they make the decision based on a price .. If it was me I would say fine I will have 100 coz its cheaper ... Then see it was mega thin and didn't blend etc or to then be told after deciding that 100 is for a half head and to make it thick looking ... Then I would be annoyed as I thought I had an amount in my head etc ? Just my opinions xx

I do this and charge for 200 for a full head and fit whatever I see fit.. Any leftover is used in my maintenance appt :) I don't give clients amounts as I feel as I'm the pro I make the judgement.. I know a client that said her friend has 200 fitted so she wanted 200 fitted .. I could only fit 160 in her hair and explained if I put any more it would be overloaded and either her friend had a bigger head than her, smaller weights were fitted or simply the extensionist didn't tell them all hair wasn't fitted .. I give advice and if a client asks then obv I explain I order 200 and use what I need etc ..

200 bonds £x amount
150 bonds £x amount
100 bonds £x amount

Unless you've seen the client how can they make the decision based on a price .. If it was me I would say fine I will have 100 coz its cheaper ... Then see it was mega thin and didn't blend etc or to then be told after deciding that 100 is for a half head and to make it thick looking ... Then I would be annoyed as I thought I had an amount in my head etc ? Just my opinions xx

Amen! I'm the same. 100 half head, 200 full head. Although if I get clients with really thin hair ill order 150 and adjust the price. As sometimes with really thin hair if you struggle to get say 125 strands in then they are left with 75 bits left. So I alter for that although I do not advertise it! The only way I advertise 100/150/200 is balmain hair as the price differences for 150 compared to 200 is massive! :) xx

Amen! I'm the same. 100 half head, 200 full head. Although if I get clients with really thin hair ill order 150 and adjust the price. As sometimes with really thin hair if you struggle to get say 125 strands in then they are left with 75 bits left. So I alter for that although I do not advertise it! The only way I advertise 100/150/200 is balmain hair as the price differences for 150 compared to 200 is massive! :) xx

I don't advertise prices do you think I should :/ x

Found a pic of some shrinkies I put in my daughters hair for prom - I dont usually cut straight across the bottom like that but shes 16 and you cant tell her different :p

Attachments

• 21348_271546769653396_976326072_n.jpg
    21348_271546769653396_976326072_n.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 417
Found a pic of some shrinkies I put in my daughters hair for prom - I dont usually cut straight across the bottom like that but shes 16 and you cant tell her different :p

Long pink hair I'm so jealous!! Looks fab where did you find that pink if you don't mind me asking x

Long pink hair I'm so jealous!! Looks fab where did you find that pink if you don't mind me asking x

I custom coloured Studio 58s baby pink with Elumen PK@all (perfectly matched up to my daughters), Im not a hairdresser so I would and could never play with clients hair like this so I go nuts when i do my daughters :)

200 bonds £x amount
150 bonds £x amount
100 bonds £x amount

I don't think it's for the client to make the decision.. I do have part of my price list which is based on how many strands, but this is my decision to make, not the clients.
And as a professional, surely you wouldn't let a client decide how many bonds to get and go ahead and fit less than is actually required to blend properly etc &#128516;

I don't think it's for the client to make the decision.. I do have part of my price list which is based on how many strands, but this is my decision to make, not the clients.
And as a professional, surely you wouldn't let a client decide how many bonds to get and go ahead and fit less than is actually required to blend properly etc &#128516;

Exactly!! How can the client make the decision on how many strands they are fitted with? The people I'm talking about are people that let clients decide! I've seen them on Facebook saying Can I book in for 100 strands etc ? And they reply saying yes that's fine pop in for a quick colour match and your appt is booked for 32nd of julember..

This makes me angry but also laugh because they are the extensionists that allow their clients to make all the decisions and not advise them and they get ****ty hair! Excuse the language but its true lol x

Exactly!! How can the client make the decision on how many strands they are fitted with? The people I'm talking about are people that let clients decide! I've seen them on Facebook saying Can I book in for 100 strands etc ? And they reply saying yes that's fine pop in for a quick colour match and your appt is booked for 32nd of julember..

This makes me angry but also laugh because they are the extensionists that allow their clients to make all the decisions and not advise them and they get ****ty hair! Excuse the language but its true lol x

Do you girls set out an example price on your pages then ?

Do you girls set out an example price on your pages then ?

I usually give a guide price, but say that it depends on varying factors and that price is subject to change. I won't allow anyone to say oh I only want x strands. I did on my very first paying client. She was adamant her previous extensionist only used 50 strands as she only wanted some thickness adding, when actually she didn't want me to cut any off the length! I was furious after and can't believe I let her talk me into it. Safe to say After she had then out I refused to re-fit unless she had a minimum of 100, now she isn't a client (thank god).

I usually give a guide price, but say that it depends on varying factors and that price is subject to change. I won't allow anyone to say oh I only want x strands. I did on my very first paying client. She was adamant her previous extensionist only used 50 strands as she only wanted some thickness adding, when actually she didn't want me to cut any off the length! I was furious after and can't believe I let her talk me into it. Safe to say After she had then out I refused to re-fit unless she had a minimum of 100, now she isn't a client (thank god).

And honestly she looked a DIV! I still have the picture but it's shameful!

Latest posts

Back