Before and after - hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually give a guide price, but say that it depends on varying factors and that price is subject to change. I won't allow anyone to say oh I only want x strands. I did on my very first paying client. She was adamant her previous extensionist only used 50 strands as she only wanted some thickness adding, when actually she didn't want me to cut any off the length! I was furious after and can't believe I let her talk me into it. Safe to say After she had then out I refused to re-fit unless she had a minimum of 100, now she isn't a client (thank god).

I would never let them choose not at all. Bt would like to maybe throw some prices out there and explain its dependent on consuktation
I'm just stuck on how many strands to include in the prices x

I always price for 200 strands.

I will say prices are around £xx but it depends on a lot of things so I can see better if you come for a consultation.

I always price for 200 strands.

I will say prices are around £xx but it depends on a lot of things so I can see better if you come for a consultation.

Same. I always price for 200. If they need less, I make more profit. I've never had anyone need more than 200.

Found a pic of some shrinkies I put in my daughters hair for prom - I dont usually cut straight across the bottom like that but shes 16 and you cant tell her different :p

Wowser the colour is amazing. :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Found a pic of some shrinkies I put in my daughters hair for prom - I dont usually cut straight across the bottom like that but shes 16 and you cant tell her different :p

Where did u get this pink hair? X

Where did u get this pink hair? X

I coloured the hair as i already coloured my daughters hair with Elumen PK@all, I just bought Studio58s baby pink stick tips and coloured them.

I coloured the hair as i already coloured my daughters hair with Elumen PK@all, I just bought Studio58s baby pink stick tips and coloured them.

Thanks x

Desirée;2027548 said:
It's easy just to say that the extensions look bad - but how about tips and pointers? How about telling them nicely how they could attemt a more natural look? Isn't this commutity about helping each other?

Agree with you their 😊 x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Wee reminder for everyone DO NOT FEED TROLLS !!
Ignore them,don't quote an reply as they've then achieved why they posted in the first place it's probably the same person who got banned not long ago who does extensions x

Hi can anyone tell me if Sjk colour ring is the same as studio58's? X

Can anybody point me in the direction of good quality body wave hair?

Can anybody point me in the direction of good quality body wave hair?

I have seen that celebrity elite do a body wave but I have never personally used it; I hear good things about it though.

Ok, a bit of a challenge :D very short crop on thin hair client wanted a natural feathered look.

This is around 180x 0.5g 14", mostly 99j with 50x #2 ontop cut straight at the bottom using hairxtensions to suit clients budget.

(The photo shows some bumps on the profile which is my fault from volumising with straighteners and not smoothing down after the client fluffed it up in the mirror. its not bond bulge :) )

Constructive comments welcome please.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1384895066341.jpg
    1384895066341.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 466
Ok, a bit of a challenge :D very short crop on thin hair client wanted a natural feathered look.

This is around 180x 0.5g 14", mostly 99j with 50x #2 ontop cut straight at the bottom using hairxtensions to suit clients budget.

(The photo shows some bumps on the profile which is my fault from volumising with straighteners and not smoothing down after the client fluffed it up in the mirror. its not bond bulge :) )

To be brutally honest it's quite obvious she has extensions if extending this length which I would never do only have the extensions to bob length as soon as any wind gets to her hair your going to see it all xx

Hiya,

Maybe if she cut to shoulder length it would be more natural and you would be able to layer? I like extensions to look natural, but that isn't achievable with such short hair.
I was trained that you need at least 4 inches of hair to be able to achieve a natural look and to reduce slippage? But it's everyone's own choice.
I love the colour though xx

Thank you, yes its definately something she's going to have to manage but I dont think any big extension job is without its work for clients. The length was her request, I did think possibly a trim but it looked so nice and different she may come back for a trim in a week or two.

As it was less then 100g I couldnt see how I could cut definate layers without making holes so I razored the front. As I fitted them to fall forward the razoring is quite feathery right upto behind the ears.

Is there a specific cut you would have done if it were you? I was thinking uniform layer originally?

Thank you, yes its definately something she's going to have to manage but I dont think any big extension job is without its work for clients. The length was her request, I did think possibly a trim but it looked so nice and different she may come back for a trim in a week or two.

As it was less then 100g I couldnt see how I could cut definate layers without making holes so I razored the front. As I fitted them to fall forward the razoring is quite feathery right upto behind the ears.

Is there a specific cut you would have done if it were you? I was thinking uniform layer originally?

Agreed length needs to be much shorter, maybe to just top of collar this would allow you to connect layers. Make it look natural.

This is where your professional advise would need to step in when the length is a customer request, it's not always possible with what they have, personally I as another has said wouldn't have extended this length anyway, but I I did, would be slightly to create another look, with layers, but no longer than the collar at most.

Always cut extensions with a razor, never ever with scissors.

If this is one of your first sets, knowing what lengths and styles customers can get away with will come with time.

I always advise between lengths and that we will style and blend to look natural and for the longer lengths more hair is required, and my ladies are happy with that, as we'll slowly chip away at the length until it look natural but is as long as possible etc.

Latest posts

Back