Before and after - weaves

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had to say your daughter is absolutely stunning !!! Hair looks great too x
Thank you. She does modelling so I have to keep her well groomed lol

Angelhair225 where are you based?

Hi not sure if any of you weavers are familiar with the Vixen weave? It allows the client to wear the hair up in different styles.

Attachments

• Gsedb4b7a8-d8d6-4c3d-ab8b-89bcf85481b6.jpg
    Gsedb4b7a8-d8d6-4c3d-ab8b-89bcf85481b6.jpg
    509.4 KB · Views: 270
  • Gs3a63e17a-50cb-4735-afa2-772e77062f33.jpg
    Gs3a63e17a-50cb-4735-afa2-772e77062f33.jpg
    439.7 KB · Views: 196
Sorry guys just got back on I'm based Manchester and use angel remy , euphoria , beauty works and bit of my own hair x

Hi all,

Does anyone else struggle with LA Weave being quite bulky on the scalp. Especially if the rows are doubled or trippled? I find that no matter how neat my ring applcation is and how tidy my sewing is, wefts sitting on top of each other are just bulky? Im struggling to upload a pic of a weave i did tday to show yu what i mean

Hi all,

Does anyone else struggle with LA Weave being quite bulky on the scalp. Especially if the rows are doubled or trippled? I find that no matter how neat my ring applcation is and how tidy my sewing is, wefts sitting on top of each other are just bulky? Im struggling to upload a pic of a weave i did tday to show yu what i mean
Do you do your rows in like a v shape? Or have them dipping slightly?

These were both tough cookies. The blonde had thick hair but didn't want to pay much so had to spend alot of time blending the hair but got there in the end. She had 4 rows in total. The brunette I used 2 wefts 1x 22 inch 1x 24 inch slightly different browns to get a multi tone look plus a little bit of natural layering before blending. She had a large head and an unbelievable amount of hair. She also wanted it long and thinner at the ends. I wanted to trim the scraggy bits off but she wouldnt. Think I did aprox 6 to 7 rows some doubled up. Her head was never ending. Everyone is so different. I'm rubbish at taking pics though.

Attachments

• 20151120_095719.jpg
    20151120_095719.jpg
    817 KB · Views: 224
  • 20151120_125042.jpg
    20151120_125042.jpg
    608.7 KB · Views: 211
  • 20151126_100627.jpg
    20151126_100627.jpg
    828.1 KB · Views: 207
  • 20151126_131830.jpg
    20151126_131830.jpg
    793.1 KB · Views: 219
No I just go straight across. Is this where I'm going wrong?
I do do them straight across and have no issues, but try doing them like a v shape, I have seen this done loads of times X

I do do them straight across and have no issues, but try doing them like a v shape, I have seen this done loads of times X

I always dip mine, my first row goes from nape up to the ears.

To me it just ensures full coverages of thickness, you know you'll have the same thickness in the back as you do in the sides that way.

But doesn't that still cause bulkiness? It's lovely and neat for me til I start doubling or tripling tge weft then it just looks massive.

Would anyone have a pic of their la weave application so I can compare? My new phone won't let me post pics for some reason. X

But doesn't that still cause bulkiness? It's lovely and neat for me til I start doubling or tripling tge weft then it just looks massive.

Would anyone have a pic of their la weave application so I can compare? My new phone won't let me post pics for some reason. X

Are you sure it isn't just the company you use has really bulky wefts?

Are you sure it isn't just the company you use has really bulky wefts?

I use routes as the weft hair is beautiful. I only have sjk and holsam as comparisons for wefts but I'd say routes definitely are smaller. Perhaps I'm being picky. And maybe it's expected to be that bulky when doubling and tripling rows I don't know. Maybe I'm comparing the la weave to nano and I shouldnt. I did speak to my supplier and she said it's just the nature of this application method. X

I use routes as the weft hair is beautiful. I only have sjk and holsam as comparisons for wefts but I'd say routes definitely are smaller. Perhaps I'm being picky. And maybe it's expected to be that bulky when doubling and tripling rows I don't know. Maybe I'm comparing the la weave to nano and I shouldnt. I did speak to my supplier and she said it's just the nature of this application method. X
Do you still think they are bulky when u do a refit as they do soften and relax a lot after washing and wearing ?

I mean it is just the nature they will be slightly bulky but are we talking slightly bulky or really bulky?x

Do you still think they are bulky when u do a refit as they do soften and relax a lot after washing and wearing ?
Yes I suppose they are less bulky after a wash and Wear. I think I'm just picky

I mean it is just the nature they will be slightly bulky but are we talking slightly bulky or really bulky?x
I think it's probably just the stiffness of the weft when it's first applied. Although I see pics where tge application looks really flat to the head and mine really aren't like that. Mine are til I start doubling or tripling up.

Latest posts

Back